Should I return this laptop and try for a better one? IPS GLOW/backlight bleed

Should I return this week old laptop or it ain’t that bad first gaming laptop please help the pic is how it looks in real like bottom left corner I can see when I game destiny 2 

A4536632-8C67-4704-B388-3EF87DFF9CD0.jpeg

If it is irritating then yes. Definitely. Its normal to have a little bit of backlight bleed but that seems line an awful lot.

Thanks so much for your input appreciate it yes for 1400 I just want to not notice it as much I know it’s a lottery but I think it’s a bit much compared to others I’ve seen.

44 minutes ago, DarthFader101 said:

Thanks so much for your input appreciate it yes for 1400 I just want to not notice it as much I know it’s a lottery but I think it’s a bit much compared to others I’ve seen.

Welcome to the era of narrow bezels. This is normal sadly.

Is it really bad to you or should I just keep it what would you do? Just want input 

5 minutes ago, DarthFader101 said:

Is it really bad to you or should I just keep it what would you do? Just want input 

It's not good but it could also be worse. You will certainly have screen bleed. The only way to not have it is OLED, Micro LED or thick bezels.

Thanks I’ll post more pics when I get off work while gaming so you guys can really see it may be just me not used to it.

I generally would choose backlight bleed over dead pixels.  That’s some unusually bad backlight bleed.  @5x5 May be right in that it’s a bezel narrowness issue And thing generally don’t get much better.  I personally would rather have a thicker bezel, (with the increased hand real estate that goes with it) and no dead pixels. 

The problem is returning it only once might not do because the next one could have dead pixels on it.  That has become a recently worse monitor problem as well.  Is it lame? Yes. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

I generally would choose backlight bleed over dead pixels.  That’s some unusually bad backlight bleed.  @5x5 May be right in that it’s a bezel narrowness issue And thing generally don’t get much better.  I personally would rather have a thicker bezel, (with the increased hand real estate that goes with it) and no dead pixels. 

The problem is returning it only once might not do because the next one could have dead pixels on it.  That has become a recently worse monitor problem as well.  Is it lame? Yes. 

You could also get unlucky and get double the backlight bleed from the RMA and they probably won't accept the second RMA

Thanks for the input I paid 1400 for I7 10750h with a rtx 2070 115 watt near perfect deal but screen man it sucks...

I was thinking buying a another one then comparing them both then returning the worse one but honestly do you guys think it’s bad enough to return or it’s not that bad this is my first gaming laptop so I really don’t know 

7 minutes ago, DarthFader101 said:

I was thinking buying a another one then comparing them both then returning the worse one but honestly do you guys think it’s bad enough to return or it’s not that bad this is my first gaming laptop so I really don’t know 

Use it in a real world situation and decide.

9 minutes ago, DarthFader101 said:

Thanks for the input I paid 1400 for I7 10750h with a rtx 2070 115 watt near perfect deal but screen man it sucks...

You may be better off returning it for an Eluktronics RP-15 with Electro Boost. The 2060 in that model will be very close to your 2070 due to the aggressive power table boosting and the 4800H will produce lower thermals. It also has smaller bezels and less bleed.

I’ll have to check that out thanks again for your input appreciate you! 

30 minutes ago, DarthFader101 said:

I would call it marginally unacceptable.  It may get even worse though. Got to prepare for that possibility.  They have to get better than that, but they could get worse first. It’s some seriously obnoxious backlight bleed but there aren’t any dead pixels.  @5x5 claims it’s an artifact of the bezel type.  My personal opinion is if the bezel type causes that they need different bezels.  They can’t have that level of backlight bleed as a standard.  It’s obnoxious. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I would call it marginally unacceptable.  It may get even worse though. Got to prepare for that possibility.  They have to get better than that, but they could get worse first. It’s some seriously obnoxious backlight bleed but there aren’t any dead pixels.  @5x5 claims it’s an artifact of the bezel type.  My personal opinion is if the bezel type causes that they need different bezels.  They can’t have that level of backlight bleed as a standard.  It’s obnoxious. 

I went through several laptops when choosing my own - the thicker the bezels, the less bleed they had. It's also why this was never an issue 5 years ago. Laptops had normal bezels and monitors too so the backlight was properly insulated and didn't "bleed"

Okay thank you so most of my reply’s are saying on the border of too much so I’m going to go buy another and compare them when I get home thank you I’ll be sharing pics later on today and you guys let me know which one I should stay with! Thanks again appreciate the love on this page.

The top photo is the new one I got and the bottom pic is of the two way better guys thanks so much!

272AA919-D427-442D-B4EE-EBE00AB48E0A.jpeg

F5B845A8-4B24-464C-95BE-14E7B078B7E8.jpeg

Still not super but not nearly as bad by a good distance.  There was a time that screen would have been dead blue with no yellow all the way across. 

• 3 years later...

Hello guys, 

I recently bought lenevo yoga slim 6. But i think it has backlight bleeding issue. 

Picture is attached for your reference. 

Could anyone please suggest, if this is normal or i should return it? 

IMG_20231024_000539.jpg