best closed loop for a kids pc

so what is the stronest built closed loop for a kids pc. i dont want a bulky air cooler that could pop of if bumped and i prommised him one on the pc im building him  next month(hopefully). he wanted one like mine but i dont wanna spend 5-600 on parts. we havent finalized on a case yet. but we decided on a case with a window and some led strips most likely something like the cosmos se ft since he likes my cosmos 2. but he liked some red case he saw newegg but no cable management and he cant remember the one.

will be a gaming pc

cpu will be 4670k(already bought)

asus maximus hero(already bought)

7870 direct cu already have(crosfire in my media pc that i dont need crosfire in)new card end of summer after i figure out on my first low buget apu(amd or intel) build for my wife as she dont game and any thing i  build is beter than prebuilt junk and high end is a waste for her and i only need mid range quality.

and the rest im going with whatever goes onsale as long as its the maufactures i use

Corsair H60. Small, compact. Not too bulky. with one good fan it's quiet too. Cools well... yeah...

who cares...

Uhm....air coolers don't fall off if bumped. I've transported mine in a very bumpy car, and it was perfectly fine.

Without knowing the case it's a little hard to suggest, as they don't fit every case out there.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Corsair tend to be very good , also swifttech as well.. with that chip may be an H80i or an h100i or the h320.

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

H60 or H80. Air cooler won't come off easily though.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Uhm....air coolers don't fall off if bumped. I've transported mine in a very bumpy car, and it was perfectly fine.

Without knowing the case it's a little hard to suggest, as they don't fit every case out there.

yeah but if you have a bulky air cooler and you go over quite heavy bumps it could put a little flex on your motherboard which could potentially do permanent damage

yeah but if you have a bulky air cooler and you go over quite heavy bumps it could put a little flex on your motherboard which could potentially do permanent damage

Yes but honestly...that's not what computers are designed for. It's going to be sitting on a desk. You'll never put it under the kind of stress your talking about.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yes but honestly...that's not what computers are designed for. It's going to be sitting on a desk. You'll never put it under the kind of stress your talking about.

if you are transporting a PC through rough roads it is possible to get a good amount of force

if you are transporting a PC through rough roads it is possible to get a good amount of force

Yes. You'd have to take it off. Not a big deal. You'd have to take the video card out as well.

That wasn't at all what I was implying. I was saying bumping it does not cause any kind of stress to the board, nor will it cause it to fall off.

I traveled with a D14, which is one of the heaviest coolers there is. No problem. So, sitting on a desk it's fine. Your argument is invalid in this situation.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

only air coolera i ever used were those ones with the crappy plastic clipson my core 2 quad.t he damn thing pops off every other time i work on it and had to replace the clips twice already. 

also i forgot to mention its going to be his first build as im gonna try to make him do most of the work. since it will ne his and he wants to learn. and like i said he wants it water cooled like dads so i said ok and i want it to be kids that bump onto everything playing nerf in there room resistant.

just get an air cooler... it wont fall off if bumped... ive carried my rig alot of times and it hasnt even fallen off.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

H80i or H100i or maybe the Kraken x40/60 since they have RGB LED's he can fiddle around with the colour to match the build.

only air coolera i ever used were those ones with the crappy plastic clipson my core 2 quad.t he damn thing pops off every other time i work on it and had to replace the clips twice already. 

also i forgot to mention its going to be his first build as im gonna try to make him do most of the work. since it will ne his and he wants to learn. and like i said he wants it water cooled like dads so i said ok and i want it to be kids that bump onto everything playing nerf in there room resistant.

Haha, well that'd be why. Most quality coolers come with solid metal hardware and there's not much that will take it off.

I'd really suggest figuring out the case before you even look at coolers. You'll need to know where it can be mounted, what size you can accommodate, etc.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

i wouldn't call an AIO a good travelling component. You have cheap plastic fittings and water, it's almost a recipe for disaster.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

i wouldn't call an AIO a good travelling component. You have cheap plastic fittings and water, it's almost a recipe for disaster.

I think it's a better travelling component than a heavy air cooler. With an AIO, the only thing that has some weight to it is secured by 4 or more screws to the chassis itself. A heavy air cooler is held up by the motherboard. The components you mentioned are all lightweight, and would survive travel much more than a heavy air cooler putting stress on the motherboard.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I think it's a better travelling component than a heavy air cooler. With an AIO, the only thing that has some weight to it is secured by 4 or more screws to the chassis itself. A heavy air cooler is held up by the motherboard. The components you mentioned are all lightweight, and would survive travel much more than a heavy air cooler putting stress on the motherboard.

neither are ideal for travel though.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

If are worried about damage because of someone bumping his case then what is wrong with the stock cooler. its not bulky and it get the job done. I cant image a kids PC needing to be overclocked to extreme levels or at all. so I just don't see the point of an AiO or an after marker air cooler just for a kids PC. Id even say more damage can be caused by an AiO cooler vs an after market air one. gravity will pull all that liquid down onto all the other parts of his system if it breaks.

stock coolers look blah and ruin the look to me plus they have thos fn plastic clips i hate. if i found one that looked right in a black led(white or red) lit windowed case that went with a black/red mobo and had more than a plastic clips id be opened to consider it. liquid coolers are all black and match the color scheme plus he asked for it cuz he likes my custom loop and we would be doing regular dustings like i do on my pc to keep the fan filters clear and inspect the loop.

im trying to build it as close to how he wants it to look since its gonna be his.

he likes this one but way too big http://www.microcenter.com/product/417635/V8_GTS_CPU_Cooler if they had a smaller one it be perfectish

so what is the stronest built closed loop for a kids pc. i dont want a bulky air cooler that could pop of if bumped and i prommised him one on the pc im building him  next month(hopefully). he wanted one like mine but i dont wanna spend 5-600 on parts. we havent finalized on a case yet. but we decided on a case with a window and some led strips most likely something like the cosmos se ft since he likes my cosmos 2. but he liked some red case he saw newegg but no cable management and he cant remember the one.

will be a gaming pc

cpu will be 4670k(already bought)

asus maximus hero(already bought)

7870 direct cu already have(crosfire in my media pc that i dont need crosfire in)new card end of summer after i figure out on my first low buget apu(amd or intel) build for my wife as she dont game and any thing i  build is beter than prebuilt junk and high end is a waste for her and i only need mid range quality.

and the rest im going with whatever goes onsale as long as its the maufactures i use

Why not just get him a water cooling kit for about $200 it would kill two birds with one stone. You got him a good to great loop for a good price but if you really want a closed loop cooler then check out the Kraken x60 and any of the swiftech AIOs like the h220.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.