Uhhh. Help?

Saikho

Hey all!

So I just tried to over clock my gpu with the guide from pc user bench mark. And when I increments upwards by 50 mHz my screen had frozen. I restarted the system multiple times and even tried a different graphics card but it still freezes immediately. Does any one know a way to fix this? I had upped the available voltage I believe if that helps.

Thanks!

Try booting into safe mode and uninstalling whatever overclocking utility you were using. I'm assuming you ticked the option to apply the overclock at startup?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Boot into safe mode and uninstall Afterburner, iirc that will set your card to stock clocks since Afterburner handles the OC but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Try booting into safe mode and uninstalling whatever overclocking utility you were using. I'm assuming you ticked the option to apply the overclock at startup?

If that still doesn't work. Boot back into safemode with networking and run Display Driver Uninstaller from guru3d

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

I made sure I didnt click that but my issue is that it freezes immediately on the mobo screen. In the bios and everything

Just now, rcmaehl said:

If that still doesn't work. Boot back into safemode with networking and run Display Driver Uninstaller from guru3d

How do I do that? I'm not able to even interact with my pc physically. The screen freezes immediately on all ports

Just now, Saikho said:

I made sure I didnt click that but my issue is that it freezes immediately on the mobo screen. In the bios and everything

Can you give us a full parts list of your system?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

(no in German)

Please please steer clear of UserBenchMark.

Yeah I will from now on. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Saikho said:

How do I do that? I'm not able to even interact with my pc physically. The screen freezes immediately on all ports

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, rcmaehl said:

OP's system is freezing in the BIOS. It sounds to me like something other than the GPU overclock is at fault here.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Can you give us a full parts list of your system?

I have an Intel i7 920 running at 2.67 gHz, asus strix 4G OC rx 570 all on an asus p6t deluxe v2 mobo. Hope this helps

Just now, Mateyyy said:

OP's system is freezing in the BIOS. It sounds to me like something other than the GPU overclock is at fault here.

It was fine until I changed anything with after burner. Does the same with a separate card too. Idk man but I'm worried I fucked my pc

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

To try and fix your problem, clear CMOS.

Ooh! I forgot abt that! I will try

Clear CMOS and see if the issue still happens.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Saikho said:

I have an Intel i7 920 running at 2.67 gHz, asus strix 4G OC rx 570 all on an asus p6t deluxe v2 mobo. Hope this helps

Try clearing the CMOS first of all. Switch your power supply off, press the power button a couple of times, take out the CMOS battery, put it back in after 5-10 minutes, switch the power supply on and start the computer.

Do note that this will reset all settings you might've changed in the BIOS.

1 minute ago, Saikho said:

It was fine until I changed anything with after burner. Does the same with a separate card too. Idk man but I'm worried I fucked my pc

It's probably a coincidence that you happened to be overclocking at the same time, a GPU overclock (at least one done in Afterburner or whatever with just a regular card like you were) should not cause anything like this.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Try clearing the CMOS first of all. Switch your power supply off, press the power button a couple of times, take out the CMOS battery, put it back in after 5-10 minutes, switch the power supply on and start the computer.

It's probably a coincidence that you happened to be overclocking at the same time, a GPU overclock (at least one done in Afterburner or whatever with just a regular card like you were) should not cause anything like this.

I have the coin cell in my hand now. My mobo doesn't support many special features in the bios so I'm not worried abt that. It's a weird coincidence so I'm still a lil sketched out so for safety I have a card in there that isnt the one I tried to oc. Thank you so much!

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I've cleared the cmos now and the old card is working. I've uninstalled afterburner and it all works now thank you so much!

Case closed.

Cleared the CMOS and uninstalled afterburner. Thank you all to everyone who helped!

21 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

put it back in after 5-10 minutes

Not sure why people keep upping the amount of time to leave CMOS battery out, especially if you've already said to discharge capacitors by pressing the power button too?  a few seconds is all it actually takes, cos as long as the circuit isn't getting power either from battery/PSU/capacitors then the memory is wiped.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini