Refurbished Razer Blade good long term investment?

I am in the market for a new laptop for distance learning and for gaming. I have been looking around for something in the 1200 1500 dollar range. I recently found the Official Razer store on eBay where they sell manufacturer refurbished units. I was wondering if the 2019 Razer blade with the intel i7-8750H, 16GB of ram, 144hz display and a 2070 Max Q, is going to be a good investment long term for gaming. Is buying an 8th gen Intel config in 2020 a stupid idea? I just through that this configuration at 1400 bucks is a pretty good value. Thank you! 

It's a terrible short term investment, and long term? You're better off stuffing your money so far up your butt that it comes out your mouth, then eating it again. Razer buys lowest-bidder parts then slaps a price tag that would make Apple blush on them, then follows it up with a pathetic warranty that they don't honor anyway.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah, it's a stupid idea. Something like the Acer Nitro 5 with a Ryzen 4000 series CPU will wipe the floor with it.

I mostly care about the gaming performance. As long as the 8th gen Intel won’t bottleneck the 2070 max Q, I don’t plan on doing much cpu intensive activities (apart from gaming). 

Razer isn't known for great parts quality, with a refurbished unit from some rando on ebay it'll probably be even worse.

And gaming laptops aren't that great an idea anyways.

You'd be better off buying a desktop for home which you can game on, and a laptop to go which is only powerful enough for web browsing and taking notes.

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

It's a terrible short term investment, and long term? You're better off stuffing your money so far up your butt that it comes out your mouth, then eating it again. Razer buys lowest-bidder parts then slaps a price tag that would make Apple blush on them, then follows it up with a pathetic warranty that they don't honor anyway.

The listing boasts a 1 year manufacturer warranty. You say they won’t honor it? 

1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

Razer isn't known for great parts quality, with a refurbished unit from some rando on ebay it'll probably be even worse.

And gaming laptops aren't that great an idea anyways.

You'd be better off buying a desktop for home which you can game on, and a laptop to go which is only powerful enough for web browsing and taking notes.

It’s from the official Razer store on eBay, with a 1 year warranty. I also move around a lot and a mobile setup for gaming and school is kinda what I’m looking for. 

Just now, opelly said:

The listing boasts a 1 year manufacturer warranty. You say they won’t honor it? 

For one, if you only get a one-year warranty on a $1,400 laptop...why are you buying that laptop? Remember, the warranty expiration date is the manufacturer's internal "we expect this to die on" date.

Reddit and even these forums are full of stories from people who have had their warranty claims completely ignored by Razer, kicked from person to person, or the RMA being sent in and instantly returned with nothing fixed. As long as Razer can charge $1,400 for a refurbished laptop and only put a one-year warranty on it, they don't care.

Just now, aisle9 said:

For one, if you only get a one-year warranty on a $1,400 laptop...why are you buying that laptop? Remember, the warranty expiration date is the manufacturer's internal "we expect this to die on" date.

Reddit and even these forums are full of stories from people who have had their warranty claims completely ignored by Razer, kicked from person to person, or the RMA being sent in and instantly returned with nothing fixed. As long as Razer can charge $1,400 for a refurbished laptop and only put a one-year warranty on it, they don't care.

I see. What would be a better option with comparable build quality (I’ve heard the build quality of the Razer blade is quite good, even if the actually components are not good.) and comparable price with a 2070 max Q. Any recommendations? 

24 minutes ago, opelly said:

I am in the market for a new laptop for distance learning and for gaming. I have been looking around for something in the 1200 1500 dollar range. I recently found the Official Razer store on eBay where they sell manufacturer refurbished units. I was wondering if the 2019 Razer blade with the intel i7-8750H, 16GB of ram, 144hz display and a 2070 Max Q, is going to be a good investment long term for gaming. Is buying an 8th gen Intel config in 2020 a stupid idea? I just through that this configuration at 1400 bucks is a pretty good value. Thank you! 

For sure do not get it. Razer laptops are very well known for dying soon after the warranty expires. That and this thing is older and already used so it's probably close to deaths door again.

Just now, opelly said:

I see. What would be a better option with comparable build quality (I’ve heard the build quality of the Razer blade is quite good, even if the actually components are not good.) and comparable price with a 2070 max Q. Any recommendations? 

That, I'm actually not sure. My current laptop is an HP Envy 13" with a low-power i7 and...wait for it...the 10W MX 250. Not exactly a gaming laptop. The last gaming laptop I had was a Dell 7567, and it was a dumpster fire. I am a fan of HP lately, and Lenovo's build quality has always been great. Plus, Lenovo is always running some kind of sale. Other manufacturers are better, I'm sure.

55 minutes ago, opelly said:

You're better off burning the money. Razer have the absolute worst reliability a d durability on the windows laptop market. They always fail after a year or two at most. That's why they don't offer more than 1 year of warranty, it's usually the longest a Blade can survive.

Is that a joke? Razer laptops, even when new, are junk. You can see it from their one-year warranty (when almost every other manufacturer at this price point offer two years).