can gpu riser cable damage MoBo or card?

frozensun

Guys I'm thinking about placing my graphics card vertically.

I have TT riser cable PCIE 3.0 but I dunno I have bad experience with cables,so I wonder can cable damage the components?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

if it is good quality no

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Just now, mahyar said:

if it is good quality no

how can I know if it's good quality?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

can send me a picture of it?

2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

can send me a picture of it?

https://www.thermaltake.com/gaming-pci-e-3-0-x16-riser-cable.html

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

yup its a very good riser

so nothing bad can happen to the components when I connect it?

yes if you do it gently 

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

so nothing bad can happen to the components when I connect it?

1 hour ago, mahyar said:

yes if you do it gently 

I want to elaborate on this. No component is 100% infallible. There is a chance that there might be something wrong with it but the odds are great that there isn't. So to agree with mahyar, you 99.9% should not have any issues if you install it correctly, but  there is always that .1% chance that something will go wrong. I recently bought 2 items from Newegg, A Ryzen 3600 and a ASRock B450M Pro4, both of which had to sent back due to issues. The Ryzen had bent and missing pins and the MB was a dead board. So you see there is the chance that something maybe wrong but unlikely. 

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

• 1 month later...

Well cable is still near me,and I haven't had much time lately to install it.

Some guys on amazon scared me texting that riser cable for some reason unknown to me damaged the MoBo or GPU.

Well I'm into IT like for 25 years,and I don't remember any cable damaging my components but who knows.

I'm willing to try it today after I hope good sleep now,since I hope this is really good cable (TT-Gaming Riser Cable) and hope that chance to mess up something is pretty low.

After all I still have second PCI-E slot,right?

I really wish so bad that RGB on card to see it,and fans spinning it's so much nicer to see card vertically,and this case is designed that way.

So please guys release me of my huge anxiety and overthinking always.

Is it okay to install 3.0 riser cable with MoBo that is pci-e 4.0 compatible?

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Yes, it will be at least good for PCIe 3.0, one day when you get a PCIe-4.0 device you might have to run it at 3.0 for compatibility. 

15 hours ago, frozensun said:

Unless it's a poorly constructed PCIe riser, it should give you 4.0 speeds.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms