High fps not smooth

So ive been struggling to find a solution for this problem for a long time and its ruining my gaming experience that i m willing to pay to get a solution for this...

So i primarly play a game called apex legends and i have 144+ fps with a 144 hz monitor , the problem is when looking at buildings or at a place when gpu has to render things i feel my aim begin to feel heavy and the motion feels choppy when moving mouse and when looking for example at the sky or somewhere empty like inside a building it feels buttery smooth and my sensitivity feels higher . This problem make it almost impossible to aim at people especially as a competitive player . Later i tried an experiment it was to lock my fps at 144 and use msi afterburner to monitor my fps and frametime with graph and text and started looking at buildings then at the sky ...the fps and frametime were perfectly stable. After this i had no idea what to do i tried many things i also upgraded my pc config

Here is it:

Amd ryzen 2700

Rtx 2060 super

Corsair vengeance8×2 gb ram 3200 mhz

Msi a 320 a pro max

Corsair vs 650w

And btw i have the same problem in all games

Please i really need help i stopped gaming due to this if someone got a suggestion i will be glad to try it

Check per core CPU usage. If you've got cores maxing out at 95-100%, that could be the culprit, since Zen and Zen+ aren't particularly great for high refresh rate gaming.

Make sure the XMP/DOCP profile for the memory is enabled and that the two memory sticks are running in dual-channel.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

If you have the same problem in all games, then it's definitely something with your system. I play apex on 1440p@144Hz, minimum settings with an RTX2060 and my game is buttery smooth. Back when I had the Ryzen 5 2700X my FPS was completely stable but my game also felt choppy. Strangely, my CPU usage wasn't maxed out, it was about 70-80% (if i remember correctly), but the game was still choppy.
Also, Apex is horribly optimized, so I wouldn't use it as a "benchmark".

15 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Check per core CPU usage. If you've got cores maxing out at 95-100%, that could be the culprit, since Zen and Zen+ aren't particularly great for high refresh rate gaming.

Make sure the XMP/DOCP profile for the memory is enabled and that the two memory sticks are running in dual-channel.

Xmp is enabled and ram sticks r running dual channel

Per core cpu usage not exceeding 60% while gpu usage is 80+ when looking at buildings and 40 to 50 when looking at sky

8 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

If you have the same problem in all games, then it's definitely something with your system. I play apex on 1440p@144Hz, minimum settings with an RTX2060 and my game is buttery smooth. Back when I had the Ryzen 5 2700X my FPS was completely stable but my game also felt choppy. Strangely, my CPU usage wasn't maxed out, it was about 70-80% (if i remember correctly), but the game was still choppy.
Also, Apex is horribly optimized, so I wouldn't use it as a "benchmark".

My cpu usage is around 50% 

I had another cpu (i7 7700k) and another mobo i tested it and still the same problem

And i tested this experiment in many games and they had the exact same problem

4 minutes ago, Purify. said:

Xmp is enabled and ram sticks r running dual channel

Per core cpu usage not exceeding 60% while gpu usage is 80+ when looking at buildings and 40 to 50 when looking at sky

So you don't have any core going over 60% usage?

Have you tried installing the game(s) on an SSD, if they're not already?

Use DDU to remove your current video driver and then download and install the latest version from Nvidia's website.

1 minute ago, Purify. said:

I had another cpu (i7 7700k) and another mobo i tested it and still the same problem

Are you running the same Windows install from back when you had the 7700K?

Edited by Mateyyy

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Just now, Purify. said:

My cpu usage is around 50% 

And i tested this experiment in many games and they had the exact same problem

Maybe try running a userbenchmark test, see what pops up there. No clue if it's reliable or not, but it helped me identify a problem or two with my system, so it might help you as well.

1) u can install MSI afterburner with rivatuner, have frame time shown on screen as graph, see if there are spikes when you feel choppy

2) check if your panel is dropping frames with the framedrop test in the UFO test website

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

So you don't have any core going over 60% usage?

Have you tried installing the game(s) on an SSD, if they're not already?

Use DDU to remove your current video driver and then download and install the latest version from Nvidia's website.

Are you running the same Windows install from back when you had the 7700K?

Yes per core usage is almost always under 60.

I tried dduing many times in safe mode and it didnt fix the problem.

No everytime i switch to a new mobo or cpu i reinstall windows

5 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

Maybe try running a userbenchmark test, see what pops up there. No clue if it's reliable or not, but it helped me identify a problem or two with my system, so it might help you as well.

Yes . I already tried it my rig was classified as "ufo" and almost all components were above expectations

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

1) u can install MSI afterburner with rivatuner, have frame time shown on screen as graph, see if there are spikes when you feel choppy

2) check if your panel is dropping frames with the framedrop test in the UFO test website

I already did that as you can see in my thread i did an experiment using these softwares

I really doubt its a panel problem as i tried many monitors including g sync compatible ones with g sync on and still the same problem

I already did that as you can see in my thread i did an experiment using these softwares

I really doubt its a panel problem as i tried many monitors including g sync compatible ones with g sync on and still the same problem

Have you tried messing around with your mouse's polling rate?

Missed that part my bad

2 minutes ago, Purify. said:

No harm trying regardless

Might not necessarily be panel's fault if you framedrop

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Have you tried messing around with your mouse's polling rate?

Yes i tried that from 1000 to 500 to 250 to 150 still the same

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

Might not necessarily be panel's fault if you framedrop

Can you send me a link to where i can test this that'll be great . Thanks

4 minutes ago, Purify. said:

Yes i tried that from 1000 to 500 to 250 to 150 still the same

Hm.. You haven't mentioned what drive you've got the games installed on.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Hm.. You haven't mentioned what drive you've got the games installed on.

Oh yeah totally forgot its installed on an ssd

3 minutes ago, Purify. said:

Can you send me a link to where i can test this that'll be great . Thanks

https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

Set your camera on long exposure and take a photo of the screen when the indication says "ready"

3 minutes ago, Purify. said:

Oh yeah totally forgot its installed on an ssd

Does that SSD have a DRAM cache? Have you got at least a decent amount of free space on it?

Honestly this really is quite odd, I really can't think of what else the culprit could be atm

If you're using the same RAM as on the 7700K build, try running it without the XMP profile.

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Does that SSD have a DRAM cache? Have you got at least a decent amount of free space on it?

Honestly this really is quite odd, I really can't think of what else the culprit could be atm

If you're using the same RAM as on the 7700K build, try running it without the XMP profile.

And i forgot to mention .... the ssd is a 1tb wd green if that can have an affect on performance

I tried with xmp and without it

1 minute ago, DutchGuyTom said:

Just shooting in the dark here, but have you tried running the game locked at 120 Hz, 60 Hz, and other frame-rates?

Yes !! I did .. many times and still the same problem even with 60 hz looking at the sky is much smoother 

4 minutes ago, DutchGuyTom said:

Are you running at Full Screen or Windowed Borderless mode?

You may be able to notice other bottlenecks if you run HWiNFO64 while you are playing the game or running a benchmark life 3DMark's Firestrike/TimeSpy (available for free on steam as a demo) or Unigene's Heaven Benchmark (assuming the issue occurs in the benchmarks as well). Check for things like the temperatures of your CPU/GPU and how their usage changes between looking at the sky and buildings. I also think you should check your memory usage during gameplay. While I doubt that is an issue, we need to just check every aspect of your PC to narrow down the issue.

HWiNFO64 is a little overwhelming at first, but it is full of useful information.

Ok i will surely try all of this and i will let you updated tomorrow because its 3 am in my country and im a little tired

5 minutes ago, DutchGuyTom said:

Are you running at Full Screen or Windowed Borderless mode?

Im running full screen

3 minutes ago, DutchGuyTom said:

Yes, go get some rest! Maybe you were the bottleneck all along...

Hahahahaha , Thats funny XD . But why not 🤔

9 hours ago, DutchGuyTom said:

If only, right?

I just did a quick google search and two other possible culprits showed up:

(1) Your issue could also be caused by your graphics settings. Settings in-game and in NVidia's control panel that relate to frames, rendering, sync, etc. could be causing you to have a high framerate but issues with getting those frames onto the screen. Check whether there are any settings, especially in NVidia's control panel, that are not set to default. It would also be good to check if the issue prevails with v-sync off. 

(2) Some people reported a similar issue caused by their internet connection. I know you noted that it happens in other games as well but if by chance you've only checked online games, you may be experiencing the same issue (although I would find it odd that it only occurs when you're looking at buildings). What is your ping and are you connected via ethernet or wirelessly? 

No need to check right now, just personally needed to post now otherwise I may forget to ask tomorrow.

1)I changed some settings in nvidia control panel by following some youtube guides trying to fix my problem. Should i get them back to default ?

2) i may say i have this problem in online games only ,but it may be that i havent noticed this problem in single player games because they are not competitive and most of single player games that i played are in third person perspective and does not require precise aim ...

About my ping , i can say its stable and i havent experienced any lag ( except those coming from the server) even that i'm connected wirelessly , my ping is around 30-50