Laptop processor i5-1035G1 or 13-1005G1. Plz recommend some laptops under £500

Hi guys. My friends needs a new laptop and his budget is £500. I looked some up. But these were the one I found worth it but I don't know about laptop processor that much as I'm a beginner to the whole PC parts things.

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop/laptops/inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5593-laptop/bn59321

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-15-3593-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-1-tb-hdd-silver-10207201-pdt.html

The problem with these are the processor. 1GHz with double the cores or 1.20GHz with half the cores... 

Mainly use for work.

Budget: £500

Most important factor: Long battery life.

2nd important factor: It needs to be strong enough that he won't get lags or stuttering during his work.

Thanks.

Neither. Both are terrible compared to a Ryzen 5 4500U.

Get an Acer Swift 3 or Lenovo Flex 5/IdeaPad 5 with a Ryzen 4000 series CPU if you want good performance and battery life. The 10th gen ULV i5s run hotter, use more power and perform worse.

36 minutes ago, racerz1 said:

The problem with these are the processor. 1GHz with double the cores or 1.20GHz with half the cores... 

That's base clocks, though. The i5 will boost higher, so in single-core tasks it will perform better (other things equal; in laptops it's never that easy), and in multi-core tasks it will also perform significantly better.

Just don't buy a dual-core at this point.

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's base clocks, though. The i5 will boost higher, so in single-core tasks it will perform better (other things equal; in laptops it's never that easy), and in multi-core tasks it will also perform significantly better.

Just don't buy a dual-core at this point.

Thanks man. 

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Review - TechSpot

Ye was looking for ryzen but there were posts of it running HOT. So stayed away. False it seems.

Thx man. 

8 hours ago, racerz1 said:

Ye was looking for ryzen but there were posts of it running HOT. So stayed away. False it seems.

Thx man. 

Yes. Zen 2 is far more efficient than anything Intel has and runs far cooler than intel CPUs I'd the cooling is thrvsame. As you can see, the 4500U at 26W of power and heat is close to a 45W i7