Intel motherboard doesn't let me... Do anything.

CroixFrozy

Hi. I have an I7-3770 CPU on an Intel motherboard DZ77-50K. The motherboard does receive sound that I'm smashing the F2 key but nothing happens. Oh nice just got weird red satanic writings thingies on the top of the sreen now as well. Please look at the pictures...thanks for any help! 

IMG_20200731_135213.jpg

IMG_20200731_135530.jpg

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Also, do you have the display cable plugged into the motherboard or the graphics card? I'd try both of them out to check whether the red satanic thingies disappear.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

6 minutes ago, CroixFrozy said:

Oh nice just got weird red satanic writings thingies on the top of the sreen

😂

7 minutes ago, CroixFrozy said:

Hi. I have an I7-3770 CPU on an Intel motherboard DZ77-50K. The motherboard does receive sound that I'm smashing the F2 key but nothing happens

Have you tried removing all of your drives and see if it lets you move on to the BIOS? it could be stuck on a device checkup in the background, and also can you try different sticks of RAM? or try removing one of them or switching them around on the slots?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

11 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Also, do you have the display cable plugged into the motherboard or the graphics card? I'd try both of them out to check whether the red satanic thingies disappear.

Aight I'll clear CMOS as soon as I get back home again. Can you tell me in detail... Do I just have to remove it and wair for 5 minutes? Anyway I tried both the GPU and the mobo HDMI ports, the GPU at least shows a picture while the mobo doesn't seem to give a fuk. 

9 minutes ago, Syn. said:

😂

Have you tried removing all of your drives and see if it lets you move on to the BIOS? it could be stuck on a device checkup in the background, and also can you try different sticks of RAM? or try removing one of them or switching them around on the slots?

Uhhhhh niceeee one. It had 16 gigs of ddr3, i removed them and put a 2x4 and it doesnt seem to work. I will try that and I removed the only drive which was a SSD Crucial and nothing happened. 

5 minutes ago, CroixFrozy said:

Aight I'll clear CMOS as soon as I get back home again. Can you tell me in detail... Do I just have to remove it and wair for 5 minutes? Anyway I tried both the GPU and the mobo HDMI ports, the GPU at least shows a picture while the mobo doesn't seem to give a fuk. 

Switch the PSU off, push the power button a couple times, take the CMOS battery out, press the power button a couple more times for good measure, wait 5-10 minutes, put the battery back in, switch the PSU on, cross your fingers, push the power button.

Maybe your CPU doesn't have an iGPU, or it's not enabled in the BIOS.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I know some keyboards have trouble with BIOS compatibility. For example, my Logitech keyboard has issues when trying to boot into safe mode, I have no keyboard response selecting which mode I want to go in, whether it be safe mode, safe mode with network drivers etc. and some keyboards have a setting in them when you press a certain key combination to allow it to work in BIOS. The only work around for me is to disable fast boot is in the MSI Fast Boot application and works perfectly fine. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

38 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I know some keyboards have trouble with BIOS compatibility. For example, my Logitech keyboard has issues when trying to boot into safe mode, I have no keyboard response selecting which mode I want to go in, whether it be safe mode, safe mode with network drivers etc. and some keyboards have a setting in them when you press a certain key combination to allow it to work in BIOS. The only work around for me is to disable fast boot is in the MSI Fast Boot application and works perfectly fine. 

Good to know. I indeed have a Logitech keyboard. I don't know the exact model, but I think It's the G105 or something. 

2 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Switch the PSU off, push the power button a couple times, take the CMOS battery out, press the power button a couple more times for good measure, wait 5-10 minutes, put the battery back in, switch the PSU on, cross your fingers, push the power button.

Maybe your CPU doesn't have an iGPU, or it's not enabled in the BIOS.

CMOS reset unfortunately didn't do anything. 

2 hours ago, CroixFrozy said:

Uhhhhh niceeee one. It had 16 gigs of ddr3, i removed them and put a 2x4 and it doesnt seem to work. I will try that and I removed the only drive which was a SSD Crucial and nothing happened. 

@Syn.Your tips unfortunately didn't help. 😔

LOL nvm I was just writing this and the sucker went into Bios alone randomly.... Wtf... 

2 minutes ago, CroixFrozy said:

@Syn.Your tips unfortunately didn't help. 😔

LOL nvm I was just writing this and the sucker went into Bios alone randomly.... Wtf... 

Can you boot to Windows or a USB Installation? what did you change that got it to boot?

11 minutes ago, Syn. said:

Can you boot to Windows or a USB Installation? what did you change that got it to boot?

I did put the old RAM in. But now my mouses sometimes work and sometimes not. Right now I can't get any mouse to work with this fkn mobo. 

Basically this is the sequence of what happens. 

1. I start the pc and smash F2 like a madman

2. The audio speaker beeps and the screen goes black

3.A Screen lights up and throws me in BIOS settings 

OR

3.B The black screen persists but there's a text saying something like "Fast boot failed wanna try in safe mode or something (Y/N)) 

3 minutes ago, CroixFrozy said:

I did put the old RAM in. But now my mouses sometimes work and sometimes not. Right now I can't get any mouse to work with this fkn mobo. 

Basically this is the sequence of what happens. 

1. I start the pc and smash F2 like a madman

2. The audio speaker beeps and the screen goes black

3.A Screen lights up and throws me in BIOS settings 

OR

3.B The black screen persists but there's a text saying something like "Fast boot failed wanna try in safe mode or something (Y/N)) 

I'm assuming you don't have Windows installed on your SSD? it seems to be working fine if it didn't find a drive to boot from, try booting the Windows Installation from a USB

20 minutes ago, Syn. said:

I'm assuming you don't have Windows installed on your SSD? it seems to be working fine if it didn't find a drive to boot from, try booting the Windows Installation from a USB

@Syn.Ye I have Windows 10 on the SSD pre-installed. Bruh just opened it up is that fkn thermal paste on the socket...? 

15962096782504783824983926587084.jpg

8 minutes ago, CroixFrozy said:

Ye I have Windows 10 on the SSD pre-installed. Bruh just opened it up is that fkn thermal paste on the socket...? 

Thermal paste is difficult to clean but can be done, you just need to be patient, I've done it before with a toothbrush and some alcohol by gently rubbing the socket with a few strands of the toothbrush by utilizing the edge of it at an angle, never put any force on it and after a while it will start to clear up, otherwise if you don't wanna mess with that then send it to a technician to deal with it

4 minutes ago, Syn. said:

Thermal paste is difficult to clean but can be done, you just need to be patient, I've done it before with a toothbrush and some alcohol by gently rubbing the socket with a few strands of the toothbrush by utilizing the edge of it at an angle, never put any force on it and after a while it will start to clear up, otherwise if you don't wanna mess with that then send it to a technician to deal with it

No worries already cleaned it with a sewing kit, put everything back together and the PC still acts autistic.