Need help stopping VMWare Workstation from suspending guest OS after idling for some time

Go to solution Solved by Nick7,

It's most likely your guest OS that requests sleep mode and does it. Did you check that?

The title pretty much says it all. I want VMWare to stop the guest OS from suspending it if I leave it unattended for some time. Some suggestions I saw online were to set the power options in my host PC to never automatically go to sleep or the display to turn off. I have done both these things and stopped the PC from sleeping and turning display off for power saving but still no luck. I also tried adding these codes: suspend.disabled = “True” and suspend.disabled = “1”  in the vmx file of the vm and restarted VMware. This didnt work too. If u know of anyway to achieve this please do let me know. Thanks. 

It's most likely your guest OS that requests sleep mode and does it. Did you check that?

On 7/31/2020 at 1:53 PM, Nick7 said:

Mate, I think that was the issue. It didnt come to my mind at all to check that. Thanks for the suggestion.