Is it safe to use a RM750x when my apartment itself has an input voltage of 240+V?

ZeRedz

My apartment basically has an AC, or input voltage(I guess), of 240+. Never goes below 239 volts and never goes above around 243. So, is it safe to use a RM750x or am I better off getting some other power supply?

Yes. Europe has a standard of 230 volts so anything in the +10% or -10% is safe. So the limits are from 207 to 253

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Yes. Europe has a standard of 230 volts so anything in the +10% or -10% is safe. So the limits are from 207 to 253

Got to ask, how do you calculate these limits? Not being an asshole or anything, just asking what you have to take in account in order to calculate the limits.

1 minute ago, ZeRedz said:

Got to ask, how do you calculate these limits? Not being an asshole or anything, just asking what you have to take in account in order to calculate the limits.

That's the rule when monitoring AC. +/-10% of the standard

Depending on where you live in europe you might have 230V or 240V, so as long as you buy your PSU in your country, I doubt you would have any problems.

(If your power is between 239 and 243 you probably live in a country with 240V, but you might want to check just to be sure)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

17 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Depending on where you live in europe you might have 230V or 240V, so as long as you buy your PSU in your country, I doubt you would have any problems.

(If your power is between 239 and 243 you probably live in a country with 240V, but you might want to check just to be sure)

I don't live in Europe. I live in Pakistan.

35 minutes ago, ZeRedz said:

My apartment basically has an AC, or input voltage(I guess), of 240+. Never goes below 239 volts and never goes above around 243. So, is it safe to use a RM750x or am I better off getting some other power supply?

The PSU has an Input Voltage rating between 100-240V so you should be fine, 240V is standard in some countries and if you're buying it locally then it's most likely validated for that country.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, ZeRedz said:

I don't live in Europe. I live in Pakistan.

Oh, my bad then. According to Google, mains voltage in Pakistan is 230V, so the fact that you are always getting ~240V is definitely odd. Are you sure that your voltmeter is accurate?

Either way, according to Corsair the input voltage range for the RM750x is 100-240V

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/corsair-psu-spec-table.pdf

So you should be fine, but if you want to be 100% sure, contacting Corsair's customer support wouldn't be a bad idea.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

16 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Oh, my bad then. According to Google, mains voltage in Pakistan is 230V, so the fact that you are always getting ~240V is definitely odd. Are you sure that your voltmeter is accurate?

Either way, according to Corsair the input voltage range for the RM750x is 100-240V

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/corsair-psu-spec-table.pdf

So you should be fine, but if you want to be 100% sure, contacting Corsair's customer support wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sure, I'll send'em an email. Also, concerning the mains voltage here, it isn't 230 exactly. It ranges from 220 to 240.

20 minutes ago, Syn. said:

The PSU has an Input Voltage rating between 100-240V so you should be fine, 240V is standard in some countries and if you're buying it locally then it's most likely validated for that country.

It should be fine even if the input voltage is 240+ and not exactly 240?

24 minutes ago, ZeRedz said:

It should be fine even if the input voltage is 240+ and not exactly 240?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they account for voltage tolerances which is usually between +/- 5-10% depending on the standard and at 243V max it really isn't an issue at all

4 minutes ago, Syn. said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure they account for voltage tolerances which is usually between +/- 5-10% depending on the standard and at 243V max it really isn't an issue at all

So, in a way, the max tolerance is like 264 or something which is because of the 5-10% voltage tolerance? Not trying to look stupid. I'm just very ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff.

2 minutes ago, ZeRedz said:

So, in a way, the max tolerance is like 264 or something which is because of the 5-10% voltage tolerance?

Seems to be 5-6% for 240V so that would be 254V but yeah

12 minutes ago, Syn. said:

Seems to be 5-6% for 240V so that would be 254V but yeah

Thanks, man. Appreciate you guys helping me out!

All of Corsair PSUs work up to 240V with a +10% tolerance.

1 hour ago, ZeRedz said:

Thanks, man. Appreciate you guys helping me out!

No problem :)