Advice for a new phone, OnePlus Nord vs Redmi Note 9S

Enzo1998
Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,

I think, you can get used to not having Amoled in daily usage.

How you write, it really seems, that you can just stick to the cheaper one, and be happy. And save the money for the next Phone.

Hello guys, I've to buy a new phone and I'm in doubt between a Redmi Note 9S 6-128 and the OnePlus Nord 8-128.
The amount of RAM isn't important on the choice of the phone cause for my usage even 4 GB is enough.
The real important thing for me is a good camera with a good battery life.
I'll pay the Redmi Note 9s 250€ while the OP Nord 370€.
Which one will be a better bang for bucks between them two??

The Nord is obviously better, but it isnt for me. If you're fine with the sd 720g, 60hz lcd display, mediocre camera system then yeah, go for the 9s. It depends on your needs. What do you want in a phone?

I would go with oneplus TBH

Xiaomi's software support and especially their security updates are trash

I have a Mi 9T and it has great hardware but software is poopoo

Let's agree to disagree

9s is better value., Because you can use it just as much, and it's cheaper.

Nord has Amoled, NFC, more storage/Ram, 90Hz, better Cameras, better performance (wonder if you will notice anything).

Battery life is rocking on the Note 9s. Easily a 2 day phone.

Camera can be upgraded with GCam. But even at stock, pictures are very good for the Price.

1 hour ago, Enzo1998 said:

Hello guys, I've to buy a new phone and I'm in doubt between a Redmi Note 9S 6-128 and the OnePlus Nord 8-128.
The amount of RAM isn't important on the choice of the phone cause for my usage even 4 GB is enough.
The real important thing for me is a good camera with a good battery life.
I'll pay the Redmi Note 9s 250€ while the OP Nord 370€.
Which one will be a better bang for bucks between them two??

I've heard the OnePlus Nord has a display tinting issue. I'm pretty sure they will fix it though.

10 minutes ago, TechGeniusXP said:

I've heard the OnePlus Nord has a display tinting issue. I'm pretty sure they will fix it though.

OnePlus issued a statement suggesting that it's not a software issue, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way for them to mitigate even if that's the case.

6 hours ago, EL02 said:

The Nord is obviously better, but it isnt for me. If you're fine with the sd 720g, 60hz lcd display, mediocre camera system then yeah, go for the 9s. It depends on your needs. What do you want in a phone?

Actually on the phone don't bother mee too much to have a 60Hz display, but TBH I've seen reviews with a lot of up and down of the OP Nord relative to the camera quality.
In some review it's rockin, in other the photos are just mediocre. 

5 hours ago, Darkseth said:

9s is better value., Because you can use it just as much, and it's cheaper.

Nord has Amoled, NFC, more storage/Ram, 90Hz, better Cameras, better performance (wonder if you will notice anything).

Battery life is rocking on the Note 9s. Easily a 2 day phone.

Camera can be upgraded with GCam. But even at stock, pictures are very good for the Price.

NFC isn't important for me, and for the RAM, actually I'm already fine with the 4 GB of my Redmi Note 5, so I don't think the more amount of RAM on the OP it's a major selling point for me.
What let me in doubt is the camera quality of the OP that in some reviews has very good quality, and in other it's just noth worth, and on opposit side if the camera of Redmi Note 9S doesn't satisfies me I can change it with the GCam with no problem.
The refresh of 60 Hz isn't a bad thing for me, but the OLED Panel of the OP intrigue me a lot.

I think, you can get used to not having Amoled in daily usage.

How you write, it really seems, that you can just stick to the cheaper one, and be happy. And save the money for the next Phone.