YOUR experience with rack mounted UN-managed switches please

Naterr

As the title suggests, looking into rack mounted, unmanaged switches. Don't need L2 and up switches, nor want the price tags.

To be more precise, I am looking for recommendations on unmanaged, PoE switches for a phone network. I am seperating a VoIP system from data equipment.

"Soli Deo Gloria"

IT Technician by trade. Computer/Network equipment enthusiast!

Gaming PC: 

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (Stock Core Clock)
  • XFX RX 590 FATBOY 8 GB (Stock Core Clock)
  • Asus ROG Strix B450-F Motherboard
  • Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2x8) kit 3200 Mhz RAM
  • 512 GB Intel 660p M.2 NVMe SSD (Boot & Current Games)
  • 3 TB Toshiba HDD @ 7,200 rpm (Data)
  • 2 TB Seagate HDD @ 7,200 rpm (Backup)
  • Corsair CX650M PSU
  • NZXT S340 Elite Case
  • 24" AOC C24G1 1500r Curved Gaming Monitor 144hz 1080p
  • Turtle Beach Stealth 450 Gaming Headset
  • Corsair K63 10-Keyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX)
  • Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse, Razor Death Adder
  • Win10 Home

PC Part Picker Link

35 minutes ago, Naterr said:

As the title suggests, looking into rack mounted, unmanaged switches. Don't need L2 and up switches, nor want the price tags.

To be more precise, I am looking for recommendations on unmanaged, PoE switches for a phone network. I am seperating a VoIP system from data equipment.

There’s another thread that might produce some useful stuff.  It’s about ethernet but phone stuff was discussed.  I’m having trouble finding the thread but that title contained “60 year old house” and one of the posters was @TechTippee  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Don’t use them. Get at least some smart switch which has loop protection. Otherwise when someone plugs a cable into two ports on the wall, there will be a loop and the only way to figure it out will be to inspect every walljack in the building. First hand experience.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Well I mean, if it's unmanaged then I don't see much point in recommending one brand over another. They should all be pretty much the same.

On 7/28/2020 at 10:26 PM, Bombastinator said:

There’s another thread that might produce some useful stuff.  It’s about ethernet but phone stuff was discussed.  I’m having trouble finding the thread but that title contained “60 year old house” and one of the posters was @TechTippee  

Hello, I'm the OP of that thread. You can find it here, if you're interested. I got some great feedback on wiring my home for Ethernet, switches included.