Headphone Recommendations?

Lowspecgamer

I have a budget of 199.99 usd before tax. I’ll take any recommendations for over ear and in ear. These are the only criteria.

1 minute ago, Lowspecgamer said:

I have a budget of 199.99 usd before tax. I’ll take any recommendations for over ear and in ear. These are the only criteria.

Do you want good sound or a studio reference? Do you mind if other people hear the audio? Do you want to use these for gaming?

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

3 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

Do you want good sound or a studio reference? Do you mind if other people hear the audio? Do you want to use these for gaming?

I just want good sound doesn’t need to be studio accuracy. I would prefer the sound stays in the headphones. No I don’t need them for gaming.

1 minute ago, Lowspecgamer said:

I just want good sound doesn’t need to be studio accuracy. I would prefer the sound stays in the headphones. No I don’t need them for gaming.

I always jump straight to the Senheiser HD 280 Pros when recommending headphones, they are fantastic, although I've heard from a couple people that Samson makes a comparative model, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I've heard the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros are good, although you'll want to make sure that your audio system can drive them (the 32 OHM is aimed at mobile devices, 88 OHM is good if you have something that can drive it, most desktops can, I believe, and 250 OHM is reserved for studio applications when you have a full audio console). Make sure you don't confuse it with the 990 Pro, it's an open-backed headphone (that means other people can hear it)

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

2 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

I always jump straight to the Senheiser HD 280 Pros when recommending headphones, they are fantastic, although I've heard from a couple people that Samson makes a comparative model, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I've heard the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros are good, although you'll want to make sure that your audio system can drive them (the 32 OHM is aimed at mobile devices, 88 OHM is good if you have something that can drive it, most desktops can, I believe, and 250 OHM is reserved for studio applications when you have a full audio console). Make sure you don't confuse it with the 990 Pro, it's an open-backed headphone (that means other people can hear it)

I completely forgot to mention that I want them for my phone. iPhone 7+ if it matters

If I'm really honest, you should just get AirPods or PowerBeats Pros. They don't have the greatest sound quality, but they are just too convenient.

If sound quality is important, just get either the 280 Pro from Senheiser or 32 OHM DT 770 Pros and use a high-quality lighting to 3.5mm jack adapter. (It really does make a big difference)

12 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

If I'm really honest, you should just get AirPods or PowerBeats Pros. They don't have the greatest sound quality, but they are just too convenient.

If sound quality is important, just get either the 280 Pro from Senheiser or 32 OHM DT 770 Pros and use a high-quality lighting to 3.5mm jack adapter. (It really does make a big difference)

Alright thank you

Can you get something like the Audio-Technica ATH-990Z within budget? I've got a pair and a can't fault them. Think I paid about £200. Not as neutral as some others but definitely a more fun listen. The DT770s are a very good shout too; one word of warning is the 80ohm versions emphasis sibilance quite prominently and can be a bit fatiguing because of it. Not sure if the same holds true of the 32ohms as I've never tried them.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

22 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

Can you get something like the Audio-Technica ATH-990Z within budget? I've got a pair and a can't fault them. Think I paid about £200. Not as neutral as some others but definitely a more fun listen. The DT770s are a very good shout too; one word of warning is the 80ohm versions emphasis sibilance quite prominently and can be a bit fatiguing because of it. Not sure if the same holds true of the 32ohms as I've never tried them.

I’ll look into it

I'm a really big fan of the akg k371 or the meze 99 noir from massdrop. Imo both headphones sound better than the lower impedance versions of the 770s . The akg k371 hours for a Harman neutral soundany like to call it reference. To me its has too much bass to be reference but it's overall a really pleasant headphone. The meze 99 noir goes for a different approach I like to call these audiophile beats. They sound closer to a Sony though more than anything. Lots of bass crisp highs heady for EDM and hip hop really fun headphone. Not made for production or reference just fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the audio technica ath-m50x and man it's really amazing. The bass is balanced, the earmuffs are comfortable but your ears would hurt after wearing it for sometime, thanks to this post on soundcorridor.com I'm glad I picked the ath-m50x. You could also go for the bose, I've heard good things about the bose models.

3 hours ago, Mark James said:

I've been using the audio technica ath-m50x and man it's really amazing. The bass is balanced, the earmuffs are comfortable but your ears would hurt after wearing it for sometime, thanks to this post on soundcorridor.com I'm glad I picked the ath-m50x. You could also go for the bose, I've heard good things about the bose models.

XD better than beats, really not hard to find. even better than m59xs I can name a bunch n the same price category. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 12:20 PM, Lowspecgamer said:

you can check some open back gaming headphone here if you want. My favorite one among them is HIFIMAN Deva

If your using your phone, IEMs would be a better choice.  Moondrop Starfield is fantastic for its $110 price.  I've got one on order at the moment

7 minutes ago, marcgii said:

If your using your phone, IEMs would be a better choice.  Moondrop Starfield is fantastic for its $110 price.  I've got one on order at the moment

congrats starfields are awesome!. they also come with replaceble filters as well now with the nice tweezer if you think something seems off about them

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

congrats starfields are awesome!. they also come with replaceble filters as well now with the nice tweezer if you think something seems off about them

Yeah there was a guy from Shenzhen audio selling B stock on Headfi for $78.  I'm pretty sure that's not allowed, but I don't care lol

2 minutes ago, marcgii said:

Yeah there was a guy from Shenzhen audio selling B stock on Headfi for $78.  I'm pretty sure that's not allowed, but I don't care lol

lol yea that aint a bad price either