$2000 budget on a prebuilt

Zioniah
1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

@Zioniah Here is a complete build list of the better price to performance PC with the updated RGB case that I linked you earlier and the extra case fan as it doesn't come with a rear exhaust fan installed so you will need to buy one, I also swapped the regular memory to RGB memory that will also be compatible with the RGB control software since you seemed interested. If you found a shop that charges $150 that's good, that's the most I'd say to pay for someone to build it for you. I'd still wait until September but if you can't I think you'll be happy with this. Since I came in under budget you could also upgrade your monitor and keyboard if you wanted, I'd recommend going with a 1080p 144hz if you don't already have one.

Thanks man that's really awesome I really appreciate your help. Wish I understood  a 1/10 of what you do about pcs.Ya I'm still debating which way to go about lights. The wife will be using it as well n dont want it to overwhelm or annoy her. The monitor we have now is as old as her pc and keyboard same story. Is there a good recommend screen size for gaming or does it boil down to purely personal preference. And does it matter of the screen is more square or ultra wide

35 minutes ago, Zioniah said:

Thanks man that's really awesome I really appreciate your help. Wish I understood  a 1/10 of what you do about pcs.Ya I'm still debating which way to go about lights. The wife will be using it as well n dont want it to overwhelm or annoy her. The monitor we have now is as old as her pc and keyboard same story. Is there a good recommend screen size for gaming or does it boil down to purely personal preference. And does it matter of the screen is more square or ultra wide

Mainly personal preference. I personally use a 27" 1440p 165hz non-curved monitor. I tried to get a curved and it bothered me too much. I like ultrawides but their generally more pricey, I'd recommend a 24" 1080p 144hz ips monitor for you, 24" is the biggest I'd personally get a 1080p monitor because any bigger and the pixels are way to noticeable and they are priced fairly well for a 144hz display. Anything bigger than 24" I'd go 1440p for the resolution, and then again like ultrawide you're getting into the pricey ones. I'd prefer linking a monitor with G-sync but those are also pricier it just depends on how much you're comfortable spending on the monitor. 

Something like this would suit the system well although it is not G-Sync compatible. https://www.walmart.com/ip/MSI-Optix-G241-24-Full-HD-LED-Gaming-LCD-Monitor-16-9/915252101?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_2fWUyxVz8xyORVZwUx0Mo3bwUkiWBNShz0TmUw0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_79301&clickid=2fWUyxVz8xyORVZwUx0Mo3bwUkiWBNShz0TmUw0&sharedid=

G-Sync compatible but with a TN panel and better refresh rate. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1545194-REG/asus_vg258qr_24_5_wide_16_9_tn.html

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

43 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Mainly personal preference. I personally use a 27" 1440p 165hz non-curved monitor. I tried to get a curved and it bothered me too much. I like ultrawides but their generally more pricey, I'd recommend a 24" 1080p 144hz ips monitor for you, 24" is the biggest I'd personally get a 1080p monitor because any bigger and the pixels are way to noticeable and they are priced fairly well for a 144hz display. Anything bigger than 24" I'd go 1440p for the resolution, and then again like ultrawide you're getting into the pricey ones. I'd prefer linking a monitor with G-sync but those are also pricier it just depends on how much you're comfortable spending on the monitor. 

Something like this would suit the system well although it is not G-Sync compatible. https://www.walmart.com/ip/MSI-Optix-G241-24-Full-HD-LED-Gaming-LCD-Monitor-16-9/915252101?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_2fWUyxVz8xyORVZwUx0Mo3bwUkiWBNShz0TmUw0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_79301&clickid=2fWUyxVz8xyORVZwUx0Mo3bwUkiWBNShz0TmUw0&sharedid=

G-Sync compatible but with a TN panel and better refresh rate. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1545194-REG/asus_vg258qr_24_5_wide_16_9_tn.html

On the ultra wide do you utilize the entire screen or is it part of the screen runs the primary application and you have space on the sides for secondary applications. Not sure if that would stretch a game out or making it look funny

1 hour ago, Zioniah said:

On the ultra wide do you utilize the entire screen or is it part of the screen runs the primary application and you have space on the sides for secondary applications. Not sure if that would stretch a game out or making it look funny

Some older games have black bars, but most games have support for ultrawides so that it fits the screen normally, but there will be some apps and games that don't.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

13 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Some older games have black bars, but most games have support for ultrawides so that it fits the screen normally, but there will be some apps and games that don't.

That makes sense

Next stupid question,I think I'm up to about 40 or so now but that previously listed setup allows for a wireless connection,correct? 

@Mateimm

@SpookyCitrus

you guys have been rly helpful with this build and I really appreciate that. Is it possible to do this at $1000 and still be able to run things I have listed at 60 fps. Of it would help I can show you my steam library. You say 1800 and 1500 are overkill. I was thinking of starting at 1000 to see what that looks like and then go above it some with a few extra TBs of storage or more ram if that would boost performance. Not sure if this post makes sense just trying to understand all my options. Might even do $1000ish and build 2 

2 hours ago, Zioniah said:

@Mateimm

@SpookyCitrus

you guys have been rly helpful with this build and I really appreciate that. Is it possible to do this at $1000 and still be able to run things I have listed at 60 fps. Of it would help I can show you my steam library. You say 1800 and 1500 are overkill. I was thinking of starting at 1000 to see what that looks like and then go above it some with a few extra TBs of storage or more ram if that would boost performance. Not sure if this post makes sense just trying to understand all my options. Might even do $1000ish and build 2 

A thousand would easily handle any games at 1080p, you won't need more than 16 gigs of ram for gaming for a long time, so theres no reason to get more unless your editing or something.

1 minute ago, Mateimm said:

That's awesome man idk how yall do it so dang fast. If I wanted to an additional 1tb of storage is that possible?

25 minutes ago, Zioniah said:

That's awesome man idk how yall do it so dang fast. If I wanted to an additional 1tb of storage is that possible?

More storage and add wifi, for less? Done deal.

Not to diss on @Mateimm but this would be a better system for less. While the RX 5700XT doesn't have RTX features it does have on par performance with the 2070 Super and is cheaper than even the 2060 Super. We can definitely get you more than 1TB of storage with a $1000 budget, however 2TB plus of SSD storage is pretty pricey, so is a 1TB SSD plus a standard HDD. 500GB of SSD storage should be plenty for Windows and the games that will benefit from it, and then the 2TB 7200rpm HDD for the rest. RGB is also going to be scaled down to just the fans, as RGB memory and most other components are more expensive. I don't think you could get much more price to performance out of a $1000 budget with your requirements.

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

More storage and add wifi, for less? Done deal.

Not to diss on @Mateimm but this would be a better system for less. While the RX 5700XT doesn't have RTX features it does have on par performance with the 2070 Super and is cheaper than even the 2060 Super. We can definitely get you more than 1TB of storage with a $1000 budget, however 2TB plus of SSD storage is pretty pricey, so is a 1TB SSD plus a standard HDD. 500GB of SSD storage should be plenty for Windows and the games that will benefit from it, and then the 2TB 7200rpm HDD for the rest. RGB is also going to be scaled down to just the fans, as RGB memory and most other components are more expensive. I don't think you could get much more price to performance out of a $1000 budget with your requirements.

You guys have been so good at this even tho I have been terribly vague. The main storage I'd like to be 1tb ssd but the extra 1 or 2 tbs dont really matter if it's a harddrive I suppose but again I dont know much about these things. Rgb isnt a must but if it's there n not gonna take away from performance I'm down for it. 

Now for my stupid questions

1.i see the build lists "microatx" parts I'm not really sure what that means 

2. How do I know if I have enough cooling for it

3. What do I have to do to get windows 10 as my OS I never see that listed in builds

4 minutes ago, Zioniah said:

You guys have been so good at this even tho I have been terribly vague. The main storage I'd like to be 1tb ssd but the extra 1 or 2 tbs dont really matter if it's a harddrive I suppose but again I dont know much about these things. Rgb isnt a must but if it's there n not gonna take away from performance I'm down for it. 

Now for my stupid questions

1.i see the build lists "microatx" parts I'm not really sure what that means 

2. How do I know if I have enough cooling for it

3. What do I have to do to get windows 10 as my OS I never see that listed in builds

Switching back to a 1TB SSD and adding a 2TB HDD will up the cost of the system $50 or more, so it's up to you. Also keep in mind the build lists do not include tax, your state tax will be applied at checkout so what you see for the total is not including tax.

1. Micro ATX is the form factor(size of motherboard and case/ overall computer), PCPartpicker where I linked the build lists from will automatically check sizing compatibility of all the parts listed to make sure they are compatible and will work together. There are different sizes such as ATX, ITX, Micro ATX, and E-ATX, you don't have to worry about it as we have already made sure the parts are all Micro ATX or compatible.

2. You have two intake fans and one outtake fan with the most recent build I linked. That and the CPU cooler the processor comes with and your cooling is more than enough cooling, it can really depends on case and if you get something with fans preinstalled or not. Most cases will come with an outtake fan preinstalled in the rear of the case, some will have one installed as intake, and some come with no fans at all. It really depends. I put the list together so you don't have to worry about fan configurations or anything like that, the two front fans are preinstalled, just have to plug their connector into the board and the extra fan I included will be put in the rear of the case in the outtake fan slot. So again something you don't really have to worry about.

3. You can use an 8GB or larger flash drive and any Windows computer to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's website, once downloaded you can run the tool and it will have an option to set the flash drive up as a Windows 10 Installation USB, once the installation drive is done you will boot into the flash drive on the new computer and go through the installation process, it's pretty straight forward and there are plenty of guides. Windows 10 is technically free to install and use. You will get a watermark and won't be able to personalize it without a license but it will be free, you can purchase a license for Windows 10 from the Microsoft store on the computer anytime or if you want to get a key for cheaper there are grey market keys available online.

3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Switching back to a 1TB SSD and adding a 2TB HDD will up the cost of the system $50 or more, so it's up to you. Also keep in mind the build lists do not include tax, your state tax will be applied at checkout so what you see for the total is not including tax.

1. Micro ATX is the form factor(size of motherboard and case/ overall computer), PCPartpicker where I linked the build lists from will automatically check sizing compatibility of all the parts listed to make sure they are compatible and will work together. There are different sizes such as ATX, ITX, Micro ATX, and E-ATX, you don't have to worry about it as we have already made sure the parts are all Micro ATX or compatible.

2. You have two intake fans and one outtake fan with the most recent build I linked. That and the CPU cooler the processor comes with and your cooling is more than enough cooling, it can really depends on case and if you get something with fans preinstalled or not. Most cases will come with an outtake fan preinstalled in the rear of the case, some will have one installed as intake, and some come with no fans at all. It really depends. I put the list together so you don't have to worry about fan configurations or anything like that, the two front fans are preinstalled, just have to plug their connector into the board and the extra fan I included will be put in the rear of the case in the outtake fan slot. So again something you don't really have to worry about.

3. You can use an 8GB or larger flash drive and any Windows computer to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's website, once downloaded you can run the tool and it will have an option to set the flash drive up as a Windows 10 Installation USB, once the installation drive is done you will boot into the flash drive on the new computer and go through the installation process, it's pretty straight forward and there are plenty of guides. Windows 10 is technically free to install and use. You will get a watermark and won't be able to personalize it without a license but it will be free, you can purchase a license for Windows 10 from the Microsoft store on the computer anytime or if you want to get a key for cheaper there are grey market keys available online.

Ok thank you. Cost isnt a big deal. My budget is really 2k but from what you have said I'm buying way more than I will ever use and same holds true for 1500. Around 1k seems to be the mark where I'm able to run just about everything at 1080 60+ fps but not be wasteful in a sense with my system. Would it be smarter to get exactly what I NEED for now and then look at adding things like extra storage or even ram if necessary later? I'm not sure easy those are to do

3 minutes ago, Zioniah said:

Ok thank you. Cost isnt a big deal. My budget is really 2k but from what you have said I'm buying way more than I will ever use and same holds true for 1500. Around 1k seems to be the mark where I'm able to run just about everything at 1080 60+ fps but not be wasteful in a sense with my system. Would it be smarter to get exactly what I NEED for now and then look at adding things like extra storage or even ram if necessary later? I'm not sure easy those are to do

Adding storage and memory is very easy later down the road. So if you'd rather get a certain amount now and add more later that's perfectly fine and most people do that, that can't afford the amount of memory or storage the need/want when first ordering.

21 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Adding storage and memory is very easy later down the road. So if you'd rather get a certain amount now and add more later that's perfectly fine and most people do that, that can't afford the amount of memory or storage the need/want when first ordering.

Ya It might be smarter to add it later. Ive been on overkill mode this whole time and dont want to keep going down that path. The storage maybe start with 1tb of ssd and add later. I will only have 4 or 5 games and my wife will add pictures and documents from blogging. Majority of her stuff is on the cloud tho.

Now that you have talked me down from an overkill system that I will never fully utilize and helping me really understand what my needs are I'd like to ask if you could do one more parts lists for me. That way I can start getting things ordered today.

1000-1200 budget 

Ability to run most games 1080p 60+fps

1tb ssd storage

Wireless internet connection

16gb ram

Apparently rgb not preferred now

I think that would be everything correct?

Also when I order a monitor or 2 is 75hz fine or would I notice some issues?

38 minutes ago, Zioniah said:

Ya It might be smarter to add it later. Ive been on overkill mode this whole time and dont want to keep going down that path. The storage maybe start with 1tb of ssd and add later. I will only have 4 or 5 games and my wife will add pictures and documents from blogging. Majority of her stuff is on the cloud tho.

Now that you have talked me down from an overkill system that I will never fully utilize and helping me really understand what my needs are I'd like to ask if you could do one more parts lists for me. That way I can start getting things ordered today.

1000-1200 budget 

Ability to run most games 1080p 60+fps

1tb ssd storage

Wireless internet connection

16gb ram

Apparently rgb not preferred now

I think that would be everything correct?

Also when I order a monitor or 2 is 75hz fine or would I notice some issues?

This computer will still be 100% capable of all that, just added the 1TB SSD. 75hz monitors should be fine, this system could easily do 144hz 1080p so if you wanted to get a nicer main monitor and have a 75hz secondary you could do that as well.

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

This computer will still be 100% capable of all that, just added the 1TB SSD. 75hz monitors should be fine, this system could easily do 144hz 1080p so if you wanted to get a nicer main monitor and have a 75hz secondary you could do that as well.

Thank you again man for all your help I really appreciate it.without yall I'd be at a complete loss and would have wasted a ton of money. Do most computer shops carry the free version of windows 10 on a USB? And then I go on windows website pay the fee and do it that way? To get the full version

6 minutes ago, Zioniah said:

Thank you again man for all your help I really appreciate it.without yall I'd be at a complete loss and would have wasted a ton of money. Do most computer shops carry the free version of windows 10 on a USB? And then I go on windows website pay the fee and do it that way? To get the full version

Most shops can install it and will have license keys for it too, it depends on the shop, just ask them how much they charge for a Windows 10 Pro license, I think retail from Microsoft Pro is $199 and then it's $150 for Windows 10 Home, they may sell it for cheaper if they have a system builder account through Microsoft. Most will probably just do the un-activated version if you ask for it, then if you want to find a $20 grey market key later you could.

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Most shops can install it and will have license keys for it too, it depends on the shop, just ask them how much they charge for a Windows 10 Pro license, I think retail from Microsoft Pro is $199 and then it's $150 for Windows 10 Home, they may sell it for cheaper if they have a system builder account through Microsoft. Most will probably just do the un-activated version if you ask for it, then if you want to find a $20 grey market key later you could.

Is there a big difference between the pro and home

Building a PC will give you a Much better bang for the buck

something like this would be plenty for what you need. you dont need to spend the whole 2000. However if you wish to spend more then

I would recommend waiting 2-3 months for newer hardware to be released

5 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

Building a PC will give you a Much better bang for the buck

-snip_

something like this would be plenty for what you need. you dont need to spend the whole 2000. However if you wish to spend more then

-snip-

I would recommend waiting 2-3 months for newer hardware to be released

A little late, we've already gone over all of this.

14 minutes ago, Zioniah said:

Is there a big difference between the pro and home

Not a huge difference, Pro is more business oriented and Home is for more personal use. Either are fine for what you need, Pro is just the better of the two in terms of features and customization. 

8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Not a huge difference, Pro is more business oriented and Home is for more personal use. Either are fine for what you need, Pro is just the better of the two in terms of features and customization. 

Ok I'll definitely keep that in mind,might go pro for my wife then. Are there any good management tools for monitoring my pc to ensure its running correctly. So on this entire thread you guys have been really helpful and I have seen 3 different builds around the 1k mark. Are all 3 on par with each other or is there a profound difference somewhere that makes 1 better than the others

7 minutes ago, Zioniah said:

Ok I'll definitely keep that in mind,might go pro for my wife then. Are there any good management tools for monitoring my pc to ensure its running correctly. So on this entire thread you guys have been really helpful and I have seen 3 different builds around the 1k mark. Are all 3 on par with each other or is there a profound difference somewhere that makes 1 better than the others

The one I linked most recently is the best of the three, it has everything you asked for and need, the others do not. I will post it again so it's not confusing.

12 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Again man thank you all for contributing to this it's been really helpful especially @SpookyCitrus

I'll be ordering all the parts asap to get this up and running. I appreciate you being honest with me about exactly what I really needed and teaching me so much.