my ram usage is high

is this normal when use my pc my ram is 50% used only have google open and the normal thing windows open plus my antivirus, mouse software and gpu driver, can anyone help to fix it ps i use 2x4gb 2133mhz g.skill ram 1225365286_ramusage.PNG.c33b7660bf96e886785f879f5dc3efc6.PNG

well you can disable the anti virus, and google does use quite a bit of ram either way..though even if i add both google and bit defender, it does not come close 50%, windows also takes up some ram as well though.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

well you can disable the anti virus, and google does use quite a bit of ram either way..though even if i add both google and bit defender, it does not come close 50%, windows also takes up some ram as well though.

disable bitdefender antivirus for virus prtection are you crazy

10 hours ago, Snowwolfboi said:

are you crazy

No, it's useless, in fact every anti virus is.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Windows only flushes your RAM when you need it.  Are you actually having RAM issues?  If not then there's nothing to worry about.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just now, Samfisher said:

Windows only flushes your RAM when you need it.  Are you actually having RAM issues?  If not then there's nothing to worry about.

i guess i was wonder when the ram usage is 50%

Just now, Snowwolfboi said:

i guess i was wonder when the ram usage is 50%

Well Chrome and Bitdefender already take 1.2GB out of your 8GB.  Windows takes another 2+ GB at the minimum.  That's 50% for you.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

21 minutes ago, Snowwolfboi said:

disable bitdefender antivirus for virus prtection are you crazy

Windows defender is all you need. I deleted my anti virus on my and my two sisters pc and all still works fine. 

4 GB ram usage is normal. My laptop also uses as much

Anti Virus is probably one of the worst things you can have installed on a PC. It's the main cause for significant resources draining with no real advantage. Windows defender is enough

1 hour ago, Tech-Fix said:

Anti Virus is probably one of the worst things you can have installed on a PC. It's the main cause for significant resources draining with no real advantage. Windows defender is enough

yeah but i guess it's some times buggy and i use the bitdefender free antivirus and it does not use a lot of ram and are you 100% sure windows defender is enough to protect my pc?

6 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

No, it's useless, in fact every anti virus is.

That's demonstrably false.

1 hour ago, Tech-Fix said:

Windows Defender is an antivirus, and it's disabled when you have another antivirus installed. So I guess Windows Defender is one of the worst things you can have installed on a PC?

You're basically using exactly one antivirus either way, so safety and resources come down to which of the two is most effective and more efficient, which is not a trivial thing to do.

People use to repeat a lot of pro-antivirus myths years ago, but now people parrot anti-antivirus myths in the same fashion. I don't think either help users make informed choices.

8 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's demonstrably false.

Windows Defender is an antivirus, and it's disabled when you have another antivirus installed. So I guess Windows Defender is one of the worst things you can have installed on a PC?

You're basically using exactly one antivirus either way, so safety and resources come down to which of the two is most effective and more efficient, which is not a trivial thing to do.

People use to repeat a lot of pro-antivirus myths years ago, but now people parrot anti-antivirus myths in the same fashion. I don't think either help users make informed choices.

I understand what you're saying, when I meant antivirus I meant 3rd party like McAfee, Norton and other system hoggers. 

To be honest, I don't think any antivirus is useful. Even bit defender that only warns me about false positives. These days if you stay off of pirated software you're pretty much safe. 

10 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Windows Defender is an antivirus,

way less resource intensive from my experience. for the most part, it's more than fine, unless you're someone that goes out of their way to install either questionable/ sketchy thing. no point in wasting money on another anti virus, when the windows one is honestly more than enough. 

not that it's harmful. just a bit useless, (and not fully useless.).

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

way less resource intensive from my experience. for the most part, it's more than fine, unless you're someone that goes out of their way to install either questionable/ sketchy thing. no point in wasting money on another anti virus, when the windows one is honestly more than enough. 

not that it's harmful. just a bit useless, (and not fully useless.).

so i dosent need my bitdefender free antivirus??