MSI RTX 2070 Not Being Found

PunishedS

Hello all,

Recently my brother bought parts to build a PC list here:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n9spk6

We gave it to a family friend to build and install everything that has been doing this as his line of work for 30+ years.  Well, he goes to boot it on and the graphics are card is not being found no matter what.  BIOS ver. E7B98IMS.180 build date is 12/25/19.  So we went to best buy where we bought it from and they said it was a bad card and gave us another one.  I went to plug it in today to see if it worked and it wasn't found.  I tried the bottom slot to no avail.  Went into the BIOS and it says nothing is in the slot.  We are starting to believe that the board might be the issue but before we go out and buy another one I wanted to check here to see if we are potentially missing anything.  Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Added more info

Power is plugged in and fans are spinning.  The Motherboard sees nothing is plugged into the slot via the BIOS and Windows doesn't see it in the device manager under graphics adapters.

Does it still ping when its been edited in?: @BlueScope819

your tag at the bottom says to ping you so you can see the reply post.  I didn't initially have it in so I edited it in hopes of it working.