Looking for nice, all-round headphones

Techicolors

So there's no way to have virtual surround sound? Not from a soundcard or an amp? 

There are some programs to do virtual surround with headphones, Like Razer's Surround.  https://www.razerzone.com/surround

Oh and the HD 439 and the HD 518 never bother me with my glasses either. 

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I read on Hi-fi that those have a cramped soundstage...

well, that's right but i thinks it's not a defect..i mean, i like less soundstage when listen music and more of that is shit for me. Btw you can use a software like xonar to increase "space"

There are some programs to do virtual surround with headphones, Like Razer's Surround.  https://www.razerzone.com/surround

Oh and the HD 439 and the HD 518 never bother me with my glasses either. 

I tried using those once, but it wasn't really positional. There was no way to identify sounds behind me. 

I found an Asus Xonar soundcard that can virtualize Dolby Headphones, but I'm unsure if it'll work. 

well, that's right but i thinks it's not a defect..i mean, i like less soundstage when listen music and more of that is shit for me. Btw you can use a software like xonar to increase "space"

A wide soundstage is a must for me, so I don't think M50s are a good choice 

How are they not meant for gaming or long term listening? They are much better than anything from Turtle Beach at that price (or any price most likely).

Not for gaming, because they have an extremely narrow soundstage. not for long term listening because pads turn to stones and are small.

a "xonar software" wouldn't do anything, I think you're referring to Dolby Headphone, but all that does is add echoes and mix things up to make stuff sound weird, and imo it didn't help at all.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

but all that does is add echoes and mix things up to make stuff sound weird,

that's my definition for more soundstage, I could not use better words xD.

I don't even see any under $100...

it would be in an auction, look at the completed auctions and there are some for good prices.

it would be in an auction, look at the completed auctions and there are some for good prices.

I went through it and only 1 was sold for $60 and there was like $7 of shipping too. The rest were around $90-$100. I suspect the $60 was just someone that wanted to sell fast. You might be able to get them for around $90-$100 but I doubt anyone is going to sell for $60 again. 

I went through it and only 1 was sold for $60 and there was like $7 of shipping too. The rest were around $90-$100. I suspect the $60 was just someone that wanted to sell fast. You might be able to get them for around $90-$100 but I doubt anyone is going to sell for $60 again. 

hell I'd sell mine for 100 seemed like they were cheaper when i looked last.