Can't join Discord

Flynx

WHY CAN'T I JOIN THE OFFICIAL LTT DISCORD? 

I CAN'T JOIN THE OFFICIAL DISCORD OF LINUS TECH TIPS! 

1 minute ago, Flynx said:

WHY CAN'T I JOIN THE OFFICIAL LTT DISCORD? 

Have you been banned in the past? Is your phone number linked to your Discord account?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

TRY HARDER! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!

image.png.5cfdf0b03f9f0dec57e613ebd69d0937.png

Try linking your discord w/ the forum under settings (on the forum).

The forum is seperate from the Discord, mods of this forum aren't mods of the Discord.

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

Have you been banned in the past? Is your phone number linked to your Discord account?

Yes, it's linked. And only today I knew about this server! 

54 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

image.png.5cfdf0b03f9f0dec57e613ebd69d0937.png

Try linking your discord w/ the forum under settings (on the forum).

I did this, and I've tried NEARLY 100 TIMES! BUT I CAN'T JOIN THE SERVER! SO MANY PEOPLE INVITED ME, BUT YET I CAN'T JOIN!!!!!

58 minutes ago, gloop said:

The forum is seperate from the Discord, mods of this forum aren't mods of the Discord.

There are some shared mods.

6 minutes ago, Flynx said:

I did this, and I've tried NEARLY 100 TIMES! BUT I CAN'T JOIN THE SERVER! SO MANY PEOPLE INVITED ME, BUT YET I CAN'T JOIN!!!!!

What exactly do you mean by can't join? Does the invite link not work, does it stop you from reacting to the message that allows you access to the rest of the server?

- Also thread moved to Off Topic.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

25 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

What exactly do you mean by can't join? Does the invite link not work, does it stop you from reacting to the message that allows you access to the rest of the server?

The link.... I dunno...... The moment I click on the link, the server shows up for 1 second and then the server disappears and then Discord shows the message, "Yay! You can now start chatting with your friends!" Why does this happen to me? 

On 7/26/2020 at 8:01 AM, TheRandomness said:

Hi, I've been trying to join the discord channel for the past couple days also. Went to the "welcome" page and then "rules" page, read the rules, even linked my forum account here to discord then I click on the green check box.. it asks if I want to join the server, after click yes I get this notification (image attached) then after hitting lets go it just takes me back to the discord homepage.

Thought it was user error, because I'm me... so I tried joining the Covid channel. Same kinda process, read through the rules and followed the steps, worked right away. After seeing this post I'm thinking it's not only me having issues joining the LTT discord channel. 

error.jpg

I am getting the same results. linked LTT forum account, enabled 2FA, click join Discord, click on the invite, read the rules, click teh green check, says i must join server which I am do, then get to the screen you show and then click "lets go" and it goes back to an empty screen with no server or content. Can join other servers just fine.

20 hours ago, abazaba said:

Hi, I've been trying to join the discord channel for the past couple days also. Went to the "welcome" page and then "rules" page, read the rules, even linked my forum account here to discord then I click on the green check box.. it asks if I want to join the server, after click yes I get this notification (image attached) then after hitting lets go it just takes me back to the discord homepage.

Thought it was user error, because I'm me... so I tried joining the Covid channel. Same kinda process, read through the rules and followed the steps, worked right away. After seeing this post I'm thinking it's not only me having issues joining the LTT discord channel. 

error.jpg

I've joined in now. 

Give me your profiles,  like username and tag. 

I might be able to invite you guys. 

On 8/7/2020 at 7:47 PM, Flynx said:

I've joined in now. 

Hi! As of now I still experience the issue.
Here's my username: rrrryandaking and tag: #1425

Thank you in advance!

On 8/7/2020 at 1:47 PM, Flynx said:

I've joined in now. 

What did you do to pull it off?

i was having the same issue the past week and was able to get in today. didn't do anything differently, so not sure what the problem was

*update*

i checked my discord again and the server isn't there anymore. i tried to add, but no luck. same problem as everyone else

*second update*

was able to get in no differently and managed to stay in too

Edited by MikeyStyle
update

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 12:43 AM, ArmasF31 said:

What did you do to pull it off?

I just tried and tried, then forgot about it for somewhere around 10 days, joined back in and now I suddenly got chucked out. Dunno what happens to LTT Official 

I GOT CHUCKED OUT

NO ONE KICKED ME BUT I GOT CHUCKED OUT 😭😭😭😭

As I have heard in the last week or so, the LTT Discord server requires:

- A linked phone number

- 2FA turned on

- Your Discord account must be older than 5 months.

Don't quote me on those, that's just what I picked up over the last couple weeks in terms of requirements.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I had asked the mods since even I had the same prob and they said the account has to be older than 5 months

they said it was some kind of anti-raid feature

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

WOW 5 months seems a little excessive, a week or two i could understand. Oh well guess I will just wait and see if i want to join in another 4 months or so.....

11 minutes ago, bearFNF said:

WOW 5 months seems a little excessive, a week or two i could understand. Oh well guess I will just wait and see if i want to join in another 4 months or so.....

It’s for anti-spam/raid measures. When you are as big as LMG, 2 weeks is short to people that want to crash your server. 5 months makes it a serious commitment. 

If "they" (the spammers/raiders) are serious about "taking them down" time wont really matter...but it is their (LMGs) prerogative to run their ship the way they want to. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 8:20 PM, minibois said:

As I have heard in the last week or so, the LTT Discord server requires:

- A linked phone number

- 2FA turned on

- Your Discord account must be older than 5 months.

Don't quote me on those, that's just what I picked up over the last couple weeks in terms of requirements.

Holy grail

My account is only 3 months old

• 2 weeks later...

Dude i have been on the server for two months, and i didnt ever text anything, what is that stuff -_-