Is it worth trading in for an iPhone 11 Pro/PM right now if I'm looking to switch?

Hello, all. Recently, I've been weighing my options between sticking with Android or not, and have ultimately decided that iOS would be right for me. 

I've been riding on the Note10+ since launch and, as such, have decided that the iPhone 11 Pro Max would be right for me. Plus, my carrier, Verizon Wireless, has put a very decent slash on the Pro models' prices.

The iPhone 12 is near, yes, and looks compelling, but so is the Note20. I live in an area that has no chance at 5G (barely doing 4G most of the time) and 60Hz vs 120Hz is not at all a deal-breaker, so doing the trade-in soon would be handy given that the Note10+ will still go for a good value. As well as this, I personally believe that the iPhone 12 doesn't seem to put enough on the table to stop me from considering 2019's model. 

To any iPhone owners or those knowledgeable, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Should I take this relatively rare opportunity to get a good discount on the 11 Pro Max, or perhaps wait it out through the summer and directly compare with the official iPhone 12 statistics? My ship jump to Apple is charged quite a bit on contact with family and friends, so it's appearing to me as a case of "the sooner, the better," but I'm still all ears on this decision of mine.

Do you have any other Apple devices?

I would rarely recommending switching just the phone, as Apple’s best feature is how all the devices work together.

If its just the phone stick to Android.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

AirPods Pro as well, but I might just end up going deeper in the future. I'm not entirely concerned about my lack of peripherals because of this. Sure, the start might be a bit rocky, but it's certainly not an outright deterring factor.

54 minutes ago, puyopuyo said:

Hello, all. Recently, I've been weighing my options between sticking with Android or not, and have ultimately decided that iOS would be right for me. 

I've been riding on the Note10+ since launch and, as such, have decided that the iPhone 11 Pro Max would be right for me. Plus, my carrier, Verizon Wireless, has put a very decent slash on the Pro models' prices.

The iPhone 12 is near, yes, and looks compelling, but so is the Note20. I live in an area that has no chance at 5G (barely doing 4G most of the time) and 60Hz vs 120Hz is not at all a deal-breaker, so doing the trade-in soon would be handy given that the Note10+ will still go for a good value. As well as this, I personally believe that the iPhone 12 doesn't seem to put enough on the table to stop me from considering 2019's model. 

To any iPhone owners or those knowledgeable, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Should I take this relatively rare opportunity to get a good discount on the 11 Pro Max, or perhaps wait it out through the summer and directly compare with the official iPhone 12 statistics? My ship jump to Apple is charged quite a bit on contact with family and friends, so it's appearing to me as a case of "the sooner, the better," but I'm still all ears on this decision of mine.

Your decision, really. I wouldn't think twice about waiting for the iPhone 12. The camera will be substantially better and the performance jump will be significant. And all the iPhone 12's will come with 128GB base storage. If the discounts on the 11 Pro are only for the 64GB models, I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy a 64GB phone no matter how heavily discounted it is anyway. But if you really want/need to save a buck for a device that you will probably actively use for 4+ years, then go for that discounted 11 Pro. But I don't really worry about finding the best deal for a product that I will use for years.

I don't plan on going for 128. 256 is a good sweet spot for me, since not only will there be no size difference between my two options, but as a pretty frequent photographer and videographer (likely more on an iPhone), my space will certainly bloat past 128 GB used in time. The camera quality and performance bumps are certainly compelling, but I don't suspect that it would make the 11 series' performance seem unsatisfactory to me. Not to say I'm entirely committed yet, though; definitely staying open minded until I figure out what's best for me.

6 months ago I left my 32gb 7 for a Certified Preowned 256gb XS Max. It came with a battery at 100% and the phone was in flawless condition.. I think it was new, and it was half the launch price. Honestly even though the model is a couple of years old now I am completely satisfied. I think you would be satisfied with the Pro Max. I am running iOS 14 beta 3 and it runs like butter. I haven’t owned a current android phone so I can’t speak for them. 

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

14 hours ago, puyopuyo said:

I wouldn't get the 12, especially out of the gate if the rumours of a new design language are true plus it's the first phone with 5G. As a rule the S variants of the iPhone or the iterative ones are the better ones to get because everything is ironed out and new features are generally faster/less buggy. Take FaceID for example which got a lot faster on the XS vs the X. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

17 hours ago, puyopuyo said:

I'd hold out for the iPhone 12 if it were my money, but at the same time... if you can get a properly good deal on an 11 Pro Max, it might be worth the leap.

You mentioned having AirPods Pro, and oh boy you'd see all kinds of advantages from pairing them with an iPhone, especially when the fall round of software updates arrives. I'd also point out that this opens the door to an Apple Watch -- there are some good watches for Android (Samsung's line, Fitbit Versa), but it really is the case that Apple is significantly ahead.

With their current deal + trade-in, I'd be getting it for pretty much 50% off at least. It's very tempting to take the plunge now, especially considering how you mentioned Apple Watch. I had been taking some glances at smart watches from time to time, and maybe getting my toes wet in the ecosystem could get me to make that move sooner rather than later. Also, I admit that design might also be influencing me a bit. Don't like the iPhone 4-style edges that are pretty much confirmed to be returning to the 12, so that's been pulling me a bit towards taking the plunge now.