Cpu amd fx 8350 hitting 200c when loading speed fan but playing just over max temps on high cpu usage games(??? Pls help

Hi guys when running speed fan my cpu hit 200c and shut down. Also when playing games like gta v my fx 8350 only hitting 55 but when playing high cpu usage games hitting 62 what’s a bit over max temp. Is this safe being over max temp a bit and what’s happening with the speed fan making cpu hit so high? Thanks guys quick reply’s would help lots 

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

The hell? 200c? That's like 400 degrees F.

uhhhh most CPUs shut down the system at like 90-115C

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gaming

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

2x8 Corsair LPX Vengeance 2933

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

8 minutes ago, Joshjb60 said:

Hi guys when running speed fan my cpu hit 200c and shut down. Also when playing games like gta v my fx 8350 only hitting 55 but when playing high cpu usage games hitting 62 what’s a bit over max temp. Is this safe being over max temp a bit and what’s happening with the speed fan making cpu hit so high? Thanks guys quick reply’s would help lots 

this is actually funny.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gaming

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

2x8 Corsair LPX Vengeance 2933

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

11 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

no way it's hitting 200c.. what monitoring software are you using??

Core temp 

6 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

uhhhh most CPUs shut down the system at like 90-115C

Yeah I thought that but I’m so confused what the fuck is happening to my cpu and why it did that 

2 minutes ago, Joshjb60 said:

Core temp 

use hwinfo. the "200c" is either software reading wrong, or you have a bad sensor. your pc would shut off around 100c or less. 200c for even a few seconds would cook it completely, so it isn't hitting anywhere near that number

Just now, bmx6454 said:

use hwinfo. the "200c" is either software reading wrong, or you have a bad sensor. your pc would shut off around 100c or less. 200c for even a few seconds would cook it completely, so it isn't hitting anywhere near that number

Ok thank you so much I’m hoping my cpu is fine I’m just not sure what to do I’m more knowledgeable in the modding area not the computer part even thought my brother built it. I know how to do some things like thermal paste etc but I’m worried ngl 

6 minutes ago, Joshjb60 said:

Ok thank you so much I’m hoping my cpu is fine I’m just not sure what to do I’m more knowledgeable in the modding area not the computer part even thought my brother built it. I know how to do some things like thermal paste etc but I’m worried ngl 

Your CPU is most likely totally fine. If Speedfan was really doing that, your CPU would be destroyed. Any real load, like playing an intensive game, would cause your CPU temps to hit closer to what you're getting. As far as what the max temps are for the CPU, it's hard to say exactly. The numbers I'm seeing are around 62 degrees, but nothing on AMD's site anymore due to the part's age. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Your CPU is most likely totally fine. If Speedfan was really doing that, your CPU would be destroyed. Any real load, like playing an intensive game, would cause your CPU temps to hit closer to what you're getting. As far as what the max temps are for the CPU, it's hard to say exactly. The numbers I'm seeing are around 62 degrees, but nothing on AMD's site anymore due to the part's age. 

Thanks a lot man appreciate the reply. Been so paranoid of playing anything with this cpu. I have finally came the conclusion amd fx are fairly  shit

6 minutes ago, Joshjb60 said:

I have finally came the conclusion amd fx are fairly  shit

🤣

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

13 hours ago, Joshjb60 said:

Thanks a lot man appreciate the reply. Been so paranoid of playing anything with this cpu. I have finally came the conclusion amd fx are fairly  shit

You have an FX8 on a VRM Heatsink-Lacking Motherboard

This is ONE of the primary reasons its going to stay shit even with tweaks,fans and fixes.
While the FX isn't a powerhouse performer, good motherboards hold up to its power requirements while cheap non-VRM performer boards can have a whole range of issues.
Your board isn't great by any stretch.. those VRMs are going to have high temps, and I'd be very wary of the board screwing expectations.
Without VRM heatsinks, they are likely pumping out some serious heat.... right next to your CPU as well.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz