Samsung G7 questions please help

can someone please tell me if you can permanently turn off the god ugly rgb on the front/ bottom and on the rear of the monitor

I'm pretty sure it is controllable with software or in the display menu settings. Either way it should have an off option or brightness control.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, BlueScope819 said:

BB gun?

I would try looking up some RGB control software listed on the Samsung page

i dont think the rgb control would be from the pc itself i think it would be from the menu on the monitor itself. either way i dont want to spend $2000 on 2 monitors only to find out i cant turn off the rgb

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I'm pretty sure it is controllable with software or in the display menu settings. Either way it should have an off option or brightness control.

yea i want to be 100% sure as i dont want to spend $2000 on 2 displays only to be disappointed that i have to turn it off every time i turn on the monitor again. or to find out that it cant be adjusted at all. both are deal breakers and i would rather just choose another monitor

10 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

You could try the first option

I could take a bb gun to it but then i would have to buy a bb gun and i live in toronto id probably end up getting shot by police for having a bb gun

I have the G7, you can turn the lights on, off, set them to rainbow, breathing, etc etc. Full control over it. 

It also doesn't look bad, the lights are far subtler than they look in pictures. 

11 hours ago, NickTheMajin said:

I have the G7, you can turn the lights on, off, set them to rainbow, breathing, etc etc. Full control over it. 

It also doesn't look bad, the lights are far subtler than they look in pictures. 

do you have to turn them off everytime you turn the monitor back on or does the rgb stay off if you set it to that. sorry i use my pc for more than just gaming which while gaming i dont mind rgb but when trying to watch a movie rgb is annoying and i do spend more time watching movies than gaming so if i cant turn off the rgb permanently its a deal breaker