Need suggestions for system's upgrades for computer club / PC class.

Our school is upgrading the pc lab, so our principal said to submit suggestions on what kind of pc we want. Each pc must not exceed the price of S$750(US$610),so I was thinking AMD Matx system. Our computer teacher said if mdm principal approves we can use the funds to purchase the parts by bulk and put them together ourselves. 

I was thinking the CoolerMaster NR400 seeing its the cheapest air flow case in Singapore and motherboard we'd use the msi b450m mortar titanium there are alot of leftover or should spend abit more and get b550?

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

I am not sure what the PC would be used for, but amd benefits from higher memory. I would recommend at least 3200

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

No need for B550, B450 is fine. I assume that because this is a PC lab, there isn't really any reason to get a dGPU. I would recommend going with this:

The Deskmini is about $150, it's out of stock on Newegg right now. May also want to consider a 1tb SSD instead of the 480 I have in that list, and also consider faster RAM. (3200mhz)

Yeah it's a PC lab but it's also the pc club hang out area, I was hopping to get proper pc systems since the principal gave us $700 for each pc (total 25 pcs needed) that way during frre period we could play abit of gaming. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

4 minutes ago, Jacob_S said:

I am not sure what the PC would be used for, but amd benefits from higher memory. I would recommend at least 3200

Well, basic 1st years use for Microsoft word, excel, printshop and lastly printing. 

2nd year is video scrubbing, editing, cutting, and make a class movie together. 

Last years are coding, 3d modelling, and printing out your model. 

5 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Yeah it's a PC lab but it's also the pc club hang out area, I was hopping to get proper pc systems since the principal gave us $700 for each pc (total 25 pcs needed) that way during frre period we could play abit of gaming. 

I'm shocking at this and someone always does better but :P

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Well, basic 1st years use for Microsoft word, excel, printshop and lastly printing. 

For the second and third year plans I would get 3200 speed, if not 3600. AMD loves higher speed ram way more than intel. 

12 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

700 or 750 each? Any idea if the school has to pay tax (some don’t)?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

700 or 750 each? Any idea if the school has to pay tax (some don’t)?

OP has stated 610 USD or 700 Singaporean Dollar

😕

4 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

2nd year's have to make a 5 min film in a group of 6.

As for last year's you have to design and print out a Keychain no bigger then 5cm x 5cm

Printer + filament providee by school

Just now, PoopThatTookAPee said:

They said 750 at first and 700 later, I wanted to see which it was.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

2 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

$700 for each, mostly in  Singapore gst is already included in the thing you buy. 

2 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

$700 for each, mostly in  Singapore gst is already included in the thing you buy. 

Last question before I finish the list, does your school use a server to hold the files or does each computer need to be able to store all the videos they will be editing?

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

4 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

They said 750 at first and 700 later, I wanted to see which it was.

My bad, I took out the $50 for keyboard and mouse, sorry as for monitors we had dell sponsored ones. 

note that the 3300x has been overprcied, it should cost 180$ cheaper.

included dGPU for demanding workloads, you can easily put in a 3400g instead and cut costs

Last question before I finish the list, does your school use a server to hold the files or does each computer need to be able to store all the videos they will be editing?

this. this can cut costs as well

😕

We have a server but each 2nd year students will be issued an 500gb external hdd for the video corse/exam

Using pcpp, this is the best I could do. It has everything coming from the us which makes shipping costs insane. So, if your school is able to buy in bulk and get better deals on shipping (or find local sources), it should meet your price needs.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG