PC won't start after using bios flash

Go to solution Solved by Alkocicero,
1 minute ago, ItsNypz said:

U said I need another gpu, but like I said I have another computer, can't I replace a specific part of my pc with the other pc in order to go on my pc and just use the backup of the bios? (I think i need to switch the gpu, right?)

if you have another pc then take out gpu and put it in the top slot on your motherboard and the vega card in the bottom slot and see if you can boot into windows, you then need to make sure the vega card is reporting hardware to windows, you can check this with gpuz.

if you can still see the card in windows attempt to flash the backup you made. be sure you select the right gpu when flashing as you dont want to flash the wrong card.

1 minute ago, Alkocicero said:

if the card doesnt show up your last resort is using one of the tools i posted above and if that fails then it unfortunatley is gone forever, sorry :( i feel for you and i didnt mean to push you into the ground. as for your other hardware it is fine, the bios flash only affected the gpu. 

Well that would suck, I changed exactly 1 year ago I think, it would suck to see it go to waste like that, but at the end of the day it is interely my mistake and I must own up to it.

another thing I wanna ask, the light on my gpu+ fan is still going, is this good news or irrelevant to it possibly being dead?

6 minutes ago, ItsNypz said:

Gotcha (I will be doing this tommorow cause it's late now) but one question, what if the card doesn't show up? Does this mean it died forever? And I need to get a new gpu? Or a new motherboard?  Or both?

Not entirely. Windows can fail to detect hardware that could otherwise work. 

Remember: This is just the VBios at play here. The hardware itself is fine, it's on the firmware end of it.

ShredderPC V3.5  CPU: Intel i5 3570 | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390 | Mobo: Intel DB75EN | RAM: 16GB DDR3

ShredderPC X5450  CPU: Intel Xeon X5450 | GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 760 | Mobo: Asus P5G41C-M LX | RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

5 minutes ago, ItsNypz said:

Well that would suck, I changed exactly 1 year ago I think, it would suck to see it go to waste like that, but at the end of the day it is interely my mistake and I must own up to it.

another thing I wanna ask, the light on my gpu+ fan is still going, is this good news or irrelevant to it possibly being dead?

3 minutes ago, shredderman said:

Remember: This is just the VBios at play here. The hardware itself is fine, it's on the firmware end of it.

the light just means its getting power supplied is all. 

so as for windows detecting it or not, the firmware or bios chip reports to windows what the hardware is so if the bios chip is now reporting as a different card or not at all then windows cannot properly interface with the device through drivers, this then will carry onto the bios flashing program as it relies on windows and the installed drivers to communicate with the card. if this is the case and the card is not reporting hardware to windows as it should then the only option will be using one of the tools i posted before.

while this is only the vbios at play here the bios chip itself is non removable/replaceable and is the the most important piece of hardware on the gpu as it is the interface link between the gpu and the rest of your pc, without it there is no communication between hardware or drivers

2 minutes ago, shredderman said:

I see, well then tommorow I'll be attempting to add another gpu and see if it works, God I'm so reckless sometimes.... 😭

Just now, Alkocicero said:

the light just means its getting power supplied is all. 

so as for windows detecting it or not, the firmware or bios chip reports to windows what the hardware is so if the bios chip is now reporting as a different card or not at all then windows cannot properly interface with the device through drivers, this then will carry onto the bios flashing program as it relies on windows and the installed drivers to communicate with the card. if this is the case and the card is not reporting hardware to windows as it should then the only option will be using one of the tools i posted before

People elsewhere were saying that I should update the bios motherboard first and only then the gpu bios, do u think this could be related to a different issue, or do you agree? And if so how do I go about it, since I only know how to flash the backup pretty much

Just now, ItsNypz said:

People elsewhere were saying that I should update the bios motherboard first and only then the gpu bios, do u think this could be related to a different issue, or do you agree? And if so how do I go about it, since I only know how to flash the backup pretty much

Wouldn't trust that unless you try the card on another system and see if it posts.

ShredderPC V3.5  CPU: Intel i5 3570 | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390 | Mobo: Intel DB75EN | RAM: 16GB DDR3

ShredderPC X5450  CPU: Intel Xeon X5450 | GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 760 | Mobo: Asus P5G41C-M LX | RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

what are your hardware specs?

i dont think it could be a mobo bios issue as the card was working with your motherboard before you flashed it.

what are your hardware specs?

i dont think it could be a mobo bios issue as the card was working with your motherboard before you flashed it.

B450 aorus m

Rx Vega 56

Ryzen 5 2600

Are these enough?

B450 aorus m

Rx Vega 56

Ryzen 5 2600

Are these enough?

yeah they are.

That motherboard is compatible with the 56 and 64 so you dont need to flash a motherboard bios, it wont help.

yeah they are.

That motherboard is compatible with the 56 and 64 so you dont need to flash a motherboard bios, it wont help.

Great so I'll try tommorow what u told me about flashing the gpu using another gpu and then I'll give u feedback, if that fails I will get in contact with a friend of mine who is a technician, hopefully he can help, but I feel so dumb telling him what I did... Sigh, my bad. Thank you Alko

9 minutes ago, ItsNypz said:

Great so I'll try tommorow what u told me about flashing the gpu using another gpu and then I'll give u feedback, if that fails I will get in contact with a friend of mine who is a technician, hopefully he can help, but I feel so dumb telling him what I did... Sigh, my bad. Thank you Alko

good luck seriously :) hope for a good outcome, if you need anymore help just hit me up

9 hours ago, Alkocicero said:

good luck seriously :) hope for a good outcome, if you need anymore help just hit me up

Hey alko, new day and I can't seem to work around all the cables in order to put the both gpus inside. If I take this issue to a pc fixing place, only need to take my gpu correct?

5 hours ago, ItsNypz said:

Hey alko, new day and I can't seem to work around all the cables in order to put the both gpus inside. If I take this issue to a pc fixing place, only need to take my gpu correct?

yeah mate just take the gpu itself no need to take the rest

On 7/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, Alkocicero said:

yeah mate just take the gpu itself no need to take the rest

maneged to fix it by using a second gpu and flashing the backup, but it sure took many tries!

Thank you so much Alko