Need expert help, Ryzen

I have a Asus TUF 570X mb.

Now I can only afford two CPUs. That come up as good ones. 

A Ryzen 5 3600

Or

A Ryzen 7 2700x

What would fit better with my motherboard as I'm confused.

Usually the 2 series uses 460x mb etc and the 3 series handles 560x mb better.

But the r7 2700x uses more voltage. And is 10% cooler, 2 more core and 6 more threads. So wouldent this be better on a more wattage hungry motherboard? 

I'm trying to get what I can only afford out of the two, but also make these last several years.

My...amd... FX........ Black versha 4.2ghz 8 core lasted me 8 years being about 10 years old in tech and I play warzone on high settings. So even 10 years later it plays the latest games. Thermal throttling is my problem though 😅🤪. But it runs okay.

So what do I do to be more future "proof" I'm thinking a good 7 years keeping this build for.

Also this is paired with 32gb Corsair 2x16 cl 16 ram.

A Geforce 1660 super 6gb GPU.

Thank you, you clever people!! 

3600 is the better choice, wouldn’t recommend buying now considering Zen3 is pretty close. 

Unless you exclusively do heavily multithreaded tasks where you'll notice a 10% difference in performance between the two CPUs, get the 3600.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

9 minutes ago, Ddash said:

So wouldent this be better on a more wattage hungry motherboard? 

motherboards aren't wattage hungry. cpus are wattage hungry.

the 3600 beats the 2700x in most applications, while running cooler and consuming less power.

24 minutes ago, Ddash said:

But the r7 2700x uses more voltage

More voltage? 

24 minutes ago, Ddash said:

So what do I do to be more future "proof" I'm thinking a good 7 years keeping this build for.

We don't know what will be more "future proof" but. Both will be similar in most tasks. In tasks where it's just multi threaded and nothing else. The 2700x will beat the 3600 but in 90% of the cases they are similar. 

Go for the 3600. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Being the latest among the both, Ryzen 5 3600 definitely ticks the box for being a more advanced processor. Based on Zen 2 architecture, it is a better processor in terms of faster single,dual and quad core speed. It also boosts a faster overclocked single,dual and quad core speed. It is a lot cheaper when compared with Ryzen 7 2700, hence gives us better value in terms of price. It also has a very low TDP as compared to 2700 and hence can be taken as a much energy efficient model. So, if you are choosing among these two then 3600 is the best option but but Zen 3 processors are gonna be here soon so you always have a option of waiting a bit more and buying the best available product.

The 3600 is far superior. Though Zen 3 is out in two months so might be worth waiting.

49 minutes ago, appr3ntic3 said:

Being the latest among the both, Ryzen 5 3600 definitely ticks the box for being a more advanced processor. Based on Zen 2 architecture, it is a better processor in terms of faster single,dual and quad core speed. It also boosts a faster overclocked single,dual and quad core speed. It is a lot cheaper when compared with Ryzen 7 2700, hence gives us better value in terms of price. It also has a very low TDP as compared to 2700 and hence can be taken as a much energy efficient model. So, if you are choosing among these two then 3600 is the best option but but Zen 3 processors are gonna be here soon so you always have a option of waiting a bit more and buying the best available product.

If you're basing all of this on Userbenchmark (going by the "single, dual and quad core" metrics you mentioned), I'd advise you instead look up reviews and benchmarks run by actual reputable reviewers. 

Not that it's not true that the 3600 is faster in all workloads except those that can fully leverage all 16 threads of the 2700X, but in plenty of cases Usermememark and other similar websites will provide very misleading numbers, especially when you start comparing an Intel and an AMD CPU head to head.

Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, Guru3D, Tom's Hardware, Anandtech and many others are reliable sources for benchmarks/performance measurements.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you're basing all of this on Userbenchmark (going by the "single, dual and quad core" metrics you mentioned), I'd advise you instead look up reviews and benchmarks run by actual reputable reviewers. 

Not that it's not true that the 3600 is faster in all workloads except those that can fully leverage all 16 threads of the 2700X, but in plenty of cases Usermememark and other similar websites will provide very misleading numbers, especially when you start comparing an Intel and an AMD CPU head to head.

Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, Guru3D, Tom's Hardware, Anandtech and many others are reliable sources for benchmarks/performance measurements.

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I will surely analyse from the reviews of the experts mentioned by you. :)

5 minutes ago, appr3ntic3 said:

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I will surely analyse from the reviews of the experts mentioned by you. :)

Never get anything from user benchmark.

It's always fake ;).

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Never get anything from user benchmark.

It's always fake ;).

I won't. Thanks :)