Blackmagic Desgin anouces 12K URSA Mini Pro Camera

GDRRiley

If those replace the Reds, can  LTT actually earn money selling their old camera? I assume the water-cooled one will stay, but the other one and a bunch of accessories could offset a lot of the cost.

GUYS IT IS CHEAP only 10k for the body infinitely cheaper then a red. they can buy 4 one for each set

wait LTT order 6 not 5 of these cameras

they may replace all the reds and C200 meaning all of LTT is shot on blackmagic pocket4/6k or URSA 12k

Edited by GDRRiley

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

On 7/16/2020 at 5:47 PM, YellowJersey said:

I know this gets asked every time resolution increases, but I genuinely wonder when or even if we'll ever hit a ceiling where more resolution isn't useful or desired; where people just won't care any more. It makes me wonder of a future where people look at resolution of video cameras the same way people look at processors for smart phones; where the increase doesn't translate into effective or noticeable usefulness.

The year: 2250, "The new Panicanony GH6000 shoots 800,000,000,000k, up from 400,000,000,000k of the last generation GH5999."

For displays, at least within the small segment made up of traditional flat panels as we know them today (PC monitors, TVs, etc.), I've said before that I feel we've already reached this limit with 8K.  Now, that's not to say that new tech like VR, holographic displays, other things I can't even predict, etc. won't benefit from more, but these traditional ones really don't, it's just biology and physics.  When you consider the field of view a screen like this would ordinarily take up, the angular "resolution" of our eyes means that having more than an 8K panel is simply meaningless.

However, when it comes to recording, it's a whole other story.  In addition to capturing content for other media as I listed above, there is the ever present need to stabilize, crop, etc. and this all takes resolution - sometimes quite a lot.  Graphical effects like green screen also will come out at better quality if the source footage is clearer.

With that said, there is still a limit, though perhaps for different reasons.  It won't be so much that there's no benefit, but rather, simply not way to physically make it happen.  You may have noticed that no phone camera has ever had pixels smaller than 0.8 μm.  This is because they must be at least that large to see red light.  If you extrapolate this upward to the largest size you can feasibly make a sensor before either it or the lenses are simply not practical, you get a figure somewhere in the hundreds, maybe thousands of MP, but not higher.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.