looking for covered led strips

Thony514

Hi,

I'm looking for adressable led strips that are covered and provide uniform lighting (without hot spots)

I would like to do a custom ligthing on the case with a "Tron" effect  in sync with computer usage.

Thanks for your help

8 hours ago, Thony514 said:

-snip-

What you are looking for is a diffuser to get rid of the hot spots. You most likely will have to buy the strips and get diffused light bars from a vendor and assemble yourself.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:17 PM, Thony514 said:

Hi,

I'm looking for adressable led strips that are covered and provide uniform lighting (without hot spots)

I would like to do a custom ligthing on the case with a "Tron" effect  in sync with computer usage.

Thanks for your help

They have "neon" like led strips that have a built in diffuser, other than that you would need a diffusser track as suggested to install the LEDs into. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Pearlight-Silicone-Waterproof-Decoration-Signboard/dp/B07R3SK73N/?th=1

On 7/18/2020 at 8:44 AM, Thony514 said:

That is the kind of thing I was looking for!

http://www.phanteks.com/Neon.html

Edit: And holy shit. That is an expensive idea as I wanted like 10 strips

You'd be better ordering the bulk rolls and cutting and wiring them up as your would desire especially if you need a lot to do a custom job. 

Even then, the good quality, high density or high lux strips can get really expensive fast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, W-L said:

You'd be better ordering the bulk rolls and cutting and wiring them up as your would desire especially if you need a lot to do a custom job. 

Where did you see bulk rolls? Thanks

24 minutes ago, Thony514 said:

Where did you see bulk rolls? Thanks

If you want ARGB(digital) type lights (5V series) then theses would be ones you would want to source

https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Addressable-Decorative-Lighting-Controller/dp/B07WHT2VKK/ref=pd_di_sccai_6/135-1388621-3408828?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07WHT2VKK&pd_rd_r=eab566e7-c118-4318-9728-eeacaa2ddbb4&pd_rd_w=34ZMa&pd_rd_wg=GPuxe&pf_rd_p=5415687b-2c9d-46da-88a4-bbcfe8e07f3c&pf_rd_r=HNJM65RR41F61XKQVCSS&psc=1&refRID=HNJM65RR41F61XKQVCSS

There are also standard analog RGB type versions, just make sure they are the 12V series.