Computer not displaying anything

Tytyereal
Just now, gazabi said:

No it just puts it to its default state, like the default boot order and default ram profile, etc. It doesn't downgrade the version.

Okay that makes a lot of sense, I'll try it out tomorrow when I get up, thank you for helping so far I'll follow up after I try it

1 hour ago, Tytyereal said:

What could have shot the GPU? It worked well previously

🤷‍♂️ Only someone with an in depth understanding of computers could truly answer that, like someone with a computer science degree or something. Computers are douche bags. It will give you shit just because it feels like it. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

13 hours ago, gazabi said:

No it just puts it to its default state, like the default boot order and default ram profile, etc. It doesn't downgrade the version.

So is there any way for me to know that the bios reset? I bridge the 2 pins and turned it on and nothing changed, I assume that means a bios reset didn't help

1 hour ago, Tytyereal said:

So is there any way for me to know that the bios reset? I bridge the 2 pins and turned it on and nothing changed, I assume that means a bios reset didn't help

Did you unplug the pc and hold for at least 10 sec.

If that didn't work it looks like something is probably fried, probably the gpu since the fans never spun up. Do you still have waranty?. Also did you use extensions on all of the power cables including the motherboard or just the gpu. Im asking just in case the motherboard got messed up too.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

12 minutes ago, gazabi said:

Did you unplug the pc and hold for at least 10 sec.

If that didn't work it looks like something is probably fried, probably the gpu since the fans never spun up. Do you still have waranty?. Also did you use extensions on all of the power cables including the motherboard or just the gpu. Im asking just in case the motherboard got messed up too.

Yeah I tried that, I just tried it again, and still nothing, I do not have a warranty as I bought it from microcenter and chose not to purchase the warenty, and I used cable extensions for the motherboard and CPU power aswell, but at minimum the motherboard still works because the LEDs function, I'm would be willing to take the guess that the CPU works aswell

Just now, Tytyereal said:

Yeah I tried that, I just tried it again, and still nothing, I do not have a warranty as I bought it from microcenter and chose not to purchase the warenty, and I used cable extensions for the motherboard and CPU power aswell, but at minimum the motherboard still works because the LEDs function, I'm would be willing to take the guess that the CPU works aswell

The gpu should have a 1 year warranty from point of purchase if you still have the receipt and evga is one of the nicer manufacturers when it comes to warranties. Also, what psu do you have, does it have multiple pcie power cables that you could possibly test on just in case the psu's pcie cables got fried.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

2 minutes ago, gazabi said:

The gpu should have a 1 year warranty from point of purchase if you still have the receipt and evga is one of the nicer manufacturers when it comes to warranties. Also, what psu do you have, does it have multiple pcie power cables that you could possibly test on just in case the psu's pcie cables got fried.

It's a powerspec 750 watt, and yeah it's semi modular so I can try another spot, and thanks I will try and find out about the warenty

12 minutes ago, gazabi said:

I've now tested it with the other cable and it still doesn't work

29 minutes ago, Tytyereal said:

I've now tested it with the other cable and it still doesn't work

Ok, then it probably is your gpu then, But I am still not sure if any of your other components may have been affected. If you have the budget, I would see if you could pick up a super cheap gpu like a gt 710 for around 50 to see if the computer still starts normally and the problem is isolated to the gpu.

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, gazabi said:

Ok, then it probably is your gpu then, But I am still not sure if any of your other components may have been affected. If you have the budget, I would see if you could pick up a super cheap gpu like a gt 710 for around 50 to see if the computer still starts normally and the problem is isolated to the gpu.

Yeah, I called a local computer store and the guy said that they had gpus and power supplies to test with and that he could help me find out, so I'll do that soon and let you know, thanks for trying to help

2 minutes ago, Tytyereal said:

Yeah, I called a local computer store and the guy said that they had gpus and power supplies to test with and that he could help me find out, so I'll do that soon and let you know, thanks for trying to help

No problem, that is probably the safest and best option you have right now. Good luck.

Spoiler