Scythe Big Shuriken 3

Hey guys, I'm using a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite mobo and I'm wondering if the Scythe Big Shuriken 3 is able to fit well in my set up. I'm running on an inverted case as you can see in the pic. So my concern is actually the large heatsink and my RAM that I circled. Will the Scythe Big Shuriken 3 be able to fit onto my mobo with no problem?

IMG_20200712_162519.jpg

First of, why do you want to go with such a small cooler when you have a full size case? 

Second, ram won't be an issue at all, since the cooler only goes to the rear-IO side. I can't tell if the shroud would be an issue. I have this same cooler on my Asus B350-i Strix. You can take a look at that board to see if it's similar in terms of rear shroud. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Why that cooler? It's not that much better than the stock one and you seem to have a massive amount of space anyways?

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

First of, why do you want to go with such a small cooler when you have a full size case? 

Second, ram won't be an issue at all, since the cooler only goes to the rear-IO side. I can't tell if the shroud would be an issue. I have this same cooler on my Asus B350-i Strix. You can take a look at that board to see if it's similar in terms of rear shroud. 

Well the reason why I'm going with a small cooler is purely aesthetics. Didn't want it to look too chunky inside. As you can see I have the RGB RAM in there so I wanna be able to see that part. 

The shroud on top shouldn't be a problem coz the cooler won't be near there.

This is a picture of how a typical heatsink would look like in this case

DLV22-black.543.png

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why that cooler? It's not that much better than the stock one and you seem to have a massive amount of space anyways?

Well it's purely aesthetics. Do you have any recommendations? Coz I just came into the PC building world so I don't know which coolers are good yet aesthetically pleasing

43 minutes ago, dxrrxn13 said:

Well it's purely aesthetics. Do you have any recommendations? Coz I just came into the PC building world so I don't know which coolers are good yet aesthetically pleasing

I mean you have the exhaust fans right there I would install a 240mm rad. 

While they aren't the cheapest and now even the best performancers, they certainly look nice. 

Corsair even has a white one. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 minute ago, FloRolf said:

I mean you have the exhaust fans right there I would install a 240mm rad. 

While they aren't the cheapest and now even the best performancers, they certainly look nice. 

Corsair even has a white one. 

Yeaaa due to budget I think I'm gonna stick with air cooling. I mean I don't plan on overclocking my pc so I think it might be a little overkill to use an AIO? I'm not really sure to be honest. I tried researching and I don't know which cooling option I should go with

4 hours ago, dxrrxn13 said:

I mean a goto is like the dark rock pro. If you want those flat coolers there are some not many that are bigger and will actually be worth the upgrade.