Directional USB mic, and audio pass through with volume knob

Trail Mixorz

I'm planning to buy hd 558 or 518 and I need a mic now. I would prefer it being able to be on a mic stand because I don't like having it sit on my desk. Also it's gonna be in front of my mech keyboard and needs to be directional so no one can hear the clicks of my mx blues. It doesn't have to be amazing quality because it's gonna be used for Skype and I game chat, but I still want nice quality. I'm in the USA and have a budget of under $80.

Okay now since I've had a headset for years, I'm used to having a volume knob on the wire to my computer. The sennheisers won't have this, so is there like a cheap pass through I can put on my desk with a knob to adjust volume? Thanks guys

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

AT 2020

I said I wanted it under $80. I can only find used ones for that price.

If you get an analog mic, this Syba DAC would be a great option. As per that mic, ModMic 4.0?

Not really interested in the modmic, kinda gives a nasally sound and isn't very directional afaik

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Not really interested in the modmic, kinda gives a nasally sound and isn't very directional afaik

The new ones will have noise cancelling so that might be what you need. Condensor mics like the AT2020 are sort of directional but will pick up your keyboard for sure. Maybe have a look at some shotgun mics? I mostly use voice activation in teamspeak to avoid this problem, works pretty great.

THE signature

The new ones will have noise cancelling so that might be what you need. Condensor mics like the AT2020 are sort of directional but will pick up your keyboard for sure. Maybe have a look at some shotgun mics? I mostly use voice activation in teamspeak to avoid this problem, works pretty great.

I'm open for any options. So then its a definite no to the at2020 because I need it to be very directional. My brother let me use his sennheiser e835 once and it's super directional but I have to use my mixer because it's xlr and if I were to buy my own it would be more than my budget allows.

I'm open for any options. So then its a definite no to the at2020 because I need it to be very directional. My brother let me use his sennheiser e835 once and it's super directional but I have to use my mixer because it's xlr and if I were to buy my own it would be more than my budget allows.

There are cheaper options than a full fledged mixer if all you need it is phantom power for your microhpone. Something like a phantom power supply with a xlr-3.5mm would work, but not ideal. Will cost you about $30 afaik, or a cheap USB mixer like the Behringer Xenyx 302 USB.

That with a cheap shotgun mic might fit your needs. Sorry for the lack of research I can do but I'm currently on mobile :)

THE signature

There are cheaper options than a full fledged mixer if all you need it is phantom power for your microhpone. Something like a phantom power supply with a xlr-3.5mm would work, but not ideal. Will cost you about $30 afaik, or a cheap USB mixer like the Behringer Xenyx 302 USB.

That with a cheap shotgun mic might fit your needs. Sorry for the lack of research I can do but I'm currently on mobile :)

no problem man I'm on mobile too. But I have a mixer I just don't want to use it all the time and sometimes i leave it at my drummers house for a few days. That's why I want usb.

They have them on amaxon .com for 80$ atm

They have them on amaxon .com for 80$ atm

I couldn't find them on there, but I'm not getting them anyway because they pick  up too much surrounding sound

No one knows any good USB directional mics under $80?

The CAD U37 just went on sale! :)

looks nice but a lot of the reviews are saying you can hear everything in the room, which I don't want

Blue has some really good mics. I bought a Yeti at 100$ and It is amazing. Only thing I hear outside of my voice is my loud ass ceiling fan which I need to fix anyways. Good luck.

Can be found on my profiIe