Changed mobo Files Still Here ?

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

The only thing that changed is the chipset ... and you already have the amd chipset drivers installed, so windows simply detected a different chipset, searched for drivers, found the ones installed already are compatible and reused them.

Probably have same onboard audio chip, same network card, same everything.

It should work fine, but if you get random crashes or reboots, maybe consider reinstalling the operating system.

Had you move from AMD to Intel motherboard, with different chipsets, and lots of other things, that could ne a "shock" to the system and cause problems, making some people recommend a reinstall.

Hi guys,

So i changed my mobo from msi x470 gaming pro to msi b450 bazooka v2, because i bought a new case which needed a micro atx mobo (yeah i know amateur mistake xD)
I started my "new" pc and it is normal, as it was before changing the motherboard.

I was expecting a full format, installing all the games and apps again...

Is this even right?

Should i format it anyway?

I mean changing a motherboard doesn't have result in a reset. 

Just now, PickleRickSanchez said:

Should i format it anyway?

If any problems start to occur then sure. If it's fine leave it. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

I mean changing a motherboard doesn't have result in a reset. 

If any problems start to occur then sure. If it's fine leave it. 

I guess that's what i will do exept if someone presents me an alternative.

would like to know the reason this happens though.

Thank you  🙂

2 minutes ago, PickleRickSanchez said:

guess that's what i will do exept if someone presents me an alternative.

Well a motherboard does not cause a reset.. really doesn't have a different answer lol..

2 minutes ago, PickleRickSanchez said:

would like to know the reason this happens though.

Thank you  🙂

Because a board isn't your boot drive.. lol. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

The only thing that changed is the chipset ... and you already have the amd chipset drivers installed, so windows simply detected a different chipset, searched for drivers, found the ones installed already are compatible and reused them.

It should work fine, but if you get random crashes or reboots, maybe consider reinstalling the operating system.

Had you move from AMD to Intel motherboard, with different chipsets, and lots of other things, that could ne a "shock" to the system and cause problems, making some people recommend a reinstall.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

Thank you for explaining it in detail, i really appreciate it 😄