Hello good people,

i've been trying to calibrate my LG C9 OLED with my Datacolor Spyer5Elite and the internal pattern generator with CalMAN Home for LG. However i found out that this colorimeter is not the right tool for the job. It can't read the near black luminance and thus the calibration makes everything near black much brighter than it should be with a slight purple tint. I guess it's calibrating everything under a certain luminance to the minimum it can measure. Also it measures the peak luminance at about 650 cd/m2 in a 10% window, which is much too dim for my paritcular model. I guess 650 nits is all it can measure?

Now i want a colorimeter that can get the full potential out of my TV. But i don't want to spend over 700€ for a SpectraCal C6 HDR2000. Is there a more reasonable colorimeter that can still get everything out of my TV? Is the XRite i1Display Studio or ColorMunki enough or does it have similar boundries than the Spyder5? Do i need something higher end?

Any suggestions?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.