My brother got a MSI z390-a pro and It won't boot

my brother recently got a z390-a pro by msi as his last motherboard ram slots were faulty and didn't allow for dual channel memory,

because of this he decided to get a new motherboard and i checked his ram in my system and his ram wasn't the problem at the time

now comes the new motherboard, i set it up to see if it will post and instead it boots does two boot loops and then idles... the debug led lights light up on cpu for a bit then ram for a long time. so I reseated the ram, didn't work, used one ram slot, didn't work and then used my own ram from my system, didn't work.

I can't think why my brother's pc won't boot even when I plugged in the CPU and 24Pin connectors in correctly. I've tried turning the psu off to clear CMOS but it's a new motheboard so it shouldn't matter

If anyone has a clue why his pc won't boot would be greatly appreciated because I have no clue.

12 minutes ago, Sir Pugsolot said:

my brother recently got a z390-a pro by msi as his last motherboard ram slots were faulty and didn't allow for dual channel memory,

because of this he decided to get a new motherboard and i checked his ram in my system and his ram wasn't the problem at the time

now comes the new motherboard, i set it up to see if it will post and instead it boots does two boot loops and then idles... the debug led lights light up on cpu for a bit then ram for a long time. so I reseated the ram, didn't work, used one ram slot, didn't work and then used my own ram from my system, didn't work.

I can't think why my brother's pc won't boot even when I plugged in the CPU and 24Pin connectors in correctly. I've tried turning the psu off to clear CMOS but it's a new motheboard so it shouldn't matter

If anyone has a clue why his pc won't boot would be greatly appreciated because I have no clue.

Did you plug the EPS 4/8-pin cable in?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

what are the full system specs? also, you have to remove the cmos battery, or short the cmos pins, to clear cmos.

6 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Did you plug the EPS 4/8-pin cable in?

If you are refering to the CPU power cable yes I have.

11 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

what are the full system specs? also, you have to remove the cmos battery, or short the cmos pins, to clear cmos.

My brother has a i7-6700k, the new motherboard, 1060 ti and cx600m from corsair i believe and 16gb of 3000mhz corsair vengenance ddr4

49 minutes ago, Sir Pugsolot said:

z390-a pro

22 minutes ago, Sir Pugsolot said:

My brother has a i7-6700k

these two won't work together. the board has to be a 100 or 200 chipset to run that cpu.

34 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

these two won't work together. the board has to be a 100 or 200 chipset to run that cpu.

so the cpu can't run on that motherboard, if thats the case then doesn't suprise me it won't boot thank you so much

3 minutes ago, Sir Pugsolot said:

so the cpu can't run on that motherboard, if thats the case then doesn't suprise me it won't boot thank you so much

np, always check compatibility before you buy. best of luck.

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

np, always check compatibility before you buy. best of luck.

i used pcpartpicker to choose the motherboard so its my own fault thanks man

2 hours ago, Sir Pugsolot said:

i used pcpartpicker to choose the motherboard so its my own fault thanks man

Pc part picker should of showed a incompatibility message for that board and cpu 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x