normal aio too boring

im trying to find an aio with clear tubing any suggestions??

make better topics and description....

but go custom cooling if AIO is to boring, it has multiple benefits and isnt that dangeorus or hard as you might fear, just go with flexible tubing :)
you can customize everything along the way.

7 minutes ago, Ajukrezi said:

but go custom cooling if AIO is to boring, it has multiple benefits and isnt that dangeorus or hard as you might fear, just go with flexible tubing :)
you can customize everything along the way.

i have no idea what you're on about but this seems like the complete wrong place to recommend custom water cooling, especially saying its easy

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

i have no idea what youre on about but this seems like the complete wrong place to reccomend custom water cooling

his thread name is normal AIO is to boring and wants clear tubes, that is what i recommend.

buuuut as my first line suggest with better topic and description it would be alot easier to help him.

15 minutes ago, Linglong47 said:

So.... as someone who enjoys PC's as a hobby that is ultimately just a money pit, I can understand this, but I also have a lot of insight as to why custom is not "worth it".

Custom loops really are just that; incredibly custom. And guess what, custom things are really expensive. And as most expensive things, they are very high up the diminishing return ladder. Just about the best cooling a CPU can have is a Noctua aircooler, and a custom loop will do better, it wont come anywhere close to "worth it". For example, a NHD15 Noctua is ~100 bucks. I have ~150 bucks just in fitting in my water loop. I have 2 rads, each about 80-90 bucks. Pump res is 170, CPU block is 80, GPU block is 130.... It adds up QUICK. ~700 dollars later, custom water loop. Does it look awesome, YUP. Does it perform well, YUP. Does it perform 7 times better than a Noctua for the CPU, not even sorta if you stare at the numbers from 17 feet away in 3 point font, squint, and tilt your head to the side. But, it is a fun hobby, and thats why I do it. The real gains are in noise. My PC is basically inaudible, and my GPU runs ~50c, and my CPU runs ~60's in games (stupid 9900k gets HOT at 5 GHz all core).

So, with that out of the way... water cooling is very fun, and its a bit of a creative challenge to get the loop to work well, look good, and fit in the case you want. I am not at all saying don't do it, all I did was lay out the information :)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

1 minute ago, Ajukrezi said:

his thread name is normal AIO is to boring and wants clear tubes, that is what i recommend.

buuuut as my first line suggest with better topic and description it would be alot easier to help him.

I assume he is joking... lol.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Just now, Ajukrezi said:

i mean sure if he wants to spend $300+ on a custom loop for clear tubing, let alone figuring out how to run a custom loop, good luck.

AMD blackout rig

2 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

i mean sure if he wants to spend $300+ on a custom loop for clear tubing, let alone figuring out how to run a custom loop, good luck.

TBH i really just want more info from him..

and doesnt have to be that expensive, if you are OK with second hand stuff. and it isnt that hard...... with enough flow the position of stuff especially if its only CPU than just have the pump low and everything else isnt that crucial. people make custom water cooling alot harder than what i needs to be. i spend 150$ on 360rad custom water cooling setup. but with no bling and second hand parts (not tubing)

buuuuuuuuut real advice with more detail, allthough why bother when OP doesnt bother is in the lines of this guy...

6 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

So.... as someone who enjoys PC's as a hobby that is ultimately just a money pit, I can understand this, but I also have a lot of insight as to why custom is not "worth it".

Custom loops really are just that; incredibly custom. And guess what, custom things are really expensive. And as most expensive things, they are very high up the diminishing return ladder. Just about the best cooling a CPU can have is a Noctua aircooler, and a custom loop will do better, it wont come anywhere close to "worth it". For example, a NHD15 Noctua is ~100 bucks. I have ~150 bucks just in fitting in my water loop. I have 2 rads, each about 80-90 bucks. Pump res is 170, CPU block is 80, GPU block is 130.... It adds up QUICK. ~700 dollars later, custom water loop. Does it look awesome, YUP. Does it perform well, YUP. Does it perform 7 times better than a Noctua for the CPU, not even sorta if you stare at the numbers from 17 feet away in 3 point font, squint, and tilt your head to the side. But, it is a fun hobby, and thats why I do it. The real gains are in noise. My PC is basically inaudible, and my GPU runs ~50c, and my CPU runs ~60's in games (stupid 9900k gets HOT at 5 GHz all core).

So, with that out of the way... water cooling is very fun, and its a bit of a creative challenge to get the loop to work well, look good, and fit in the case you want. I am not at all saying don't do it, all I did was lay out the information :)

7 hours ago, Ajukrezi said:

and doesnt have to be that expensive, if you are OK with second hand stuff. and it isnt that hard...... with enough flow the position of stuff especially if its only CPU than just have the pump low and everything else isnt that crucial. people make custom water cooling alot harder than what i needs to be. i spend 150$ on 360rad custom water cooling setup. but with no bling and second hand parts (not tubing)

Okay good luck, believe what you’d like to but your never gonna make a loop for $150, I can see youve never actually built a custom loop, no point in arguing, have a nice day.

AMD blackout rig

15 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Okay good luck, believe what you’d like to but your never gonna make a loop for $150, I can see youve never actually built a custom loop, no point in arguing, have a nice day.

I built a custom loop for $150 on all new, brandname parts ;)

Unfortunately EKFG is discontinued...

On 7/13/2020 at 11:33 AM, Linglong47 said:

http://site.swiftech.com/ this

360_3B.jpg

The pastel colors can be changed. This is unique because there's a pump+res outside, making refilling easy (also to avoid asetek patents, of course)

GN reviewed it: 

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned

15 hours ago, Grabhanem said:

I built a custom loop for $150 on all new, brandname parts ;)

Unfortunately EKFG is discontinued...

thank you...
it is posssible and i even went second hand on alot of the stuff :)

@Letgomyleghoeand just to show you what can be done..

this stuff is sold for any bid over 800Dkr which translates to 121.85USD

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jEpJ9FFBB4YKa1fG8
Sales link: https://hwt.dk/marked/393373/saelges/komplet-saet-vandkoeling-saelges

nope aint gotta translate it all. but it has CPU block, pump, 2 rads, 2 reservoirs etc....

so yes can and has been done.

SO please shut it. if you only built premium over the top water loops. or maybe you never actually built a water loop?

image.png.4afb827e5043f7b1dc48b60b0a57b1eb.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jEpJ9FFBB4YKa1fG8

16 minutes ago, Ajukrezi said:

@Letgomyleghoeand just to show you what can be done..

this stuff is sold for any bid over 800Dkr which translates to 121.85USD

pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jEpJ9FFBB4YKa1fG8
Sales link: https://hwt.dk/marked/393373/saelges/komplet-saet-vandkoeling-saelges

nope aint gotta translate it all. but it has CPU block, pump, 2 rads, 2 reservoirs etc....

so yes can and has been done.

SO please shut it. if you only built premium over the top water loops. or maybe you never actually built a water loop?

image.png.4afb827e5043f7b1dc48b60b0a57b1eb.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jEpJ9FFBB4YKa1fG8

the problem here is, that cpu block doesnt support am4, unless you modify a mounting plate for it afaik, that pump is fucking ancient and since the newest listings came out in 2011, im going to assume most of this is from 2011.

so youre buying old hardware, and youre still gonna have to buy stuff to fit your build, this isnt gonna be it, youre gonna need a block to +$100, new tubing $20 (youre not gonna be able to use all the pieces cut for the previous build) some fluid $20 or $1.50 for distilled water if goes that route, also does he have room for a 240? that wont negatively affect gpu temperatures? 

all i have to say is, you cant be recommending a custom loop like this, especially with little knowledge of building a custom loop.

AMD blackout rig

8 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

the problem here is, that cpu block doesnt support am4, unless you modify a mounting plate for it afaik, that pump is fucking ancient and since the newest listings came out in 2011, im going to assume most of this is from 2011.

so youre buying old hardware, and youre still gonna have to buy stuff to fit your build, this isnt gonna be it, youre gonna need a block to +$100, new tubing $20 (youre not gonna be able to use all the pieces cut for the previous build) some fluid $20 or $1.50 for distilled water if goes that route, also does he have room for a 240? that wont negatively affect gpu temperatures? 

all i have to say is, you cant be recommending a custom loop like this, especially with little knowledge of building a custom loop.

you said it couldnt be done.... never said anything about which generation, and this was entering 1 site and looking at the first page of post and has ALOT more stuff than needed.

ANNNNNNND we are back to me wanting more information from him what he wanted to do, what was to boring.
i just said i dont think there are any AIO with clear tubing, which has been proved wrong later by other people.

and i said that custom cooling loop with rad, pump, CPU block, resorvoir. isnt that hard to do as ppl seem to indicate.
so if he wanted a more blingy solution which he could upgrade, pimp, change etc custom is the way to go.

1 minute ago, Ajukrezi said:

you said it couldnt be done.... never said anything about which generation, and this was entering 1 site and looking at the first page of post and has ALOT more stuff than needed.

you really out here, tryna cover your ass after you came up with an outdated parts while telling em that running a custom loop is cheaper and easier than i think, you really out here.

AMD blackout rig

16 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

you really out here, tryna cover your ass after you came up with an outdated parts while telling em that running a custom loop is cheaper and easier than i think, you really out here.

never said it was cheaper.... 

said i doesnt have to cost $300+

and iam by no means trying to cover my ass. iam not agreeing with you.

you on the other hand are bashing down alot of claims but are putting no facts on the table.

THIS post started it.

loooooook at the wording, "and isnt that dangerous or hard as you might fear". NOT saying its easy THAT IS YOUR INTERPRETATION.

i am saying it AIOs are boring, and he never specified on which platform, so why those items so irrelevant. i said i though custom liquid cooling was dangerous and hard, but after i did a loop it really wasnt so i decided to play around with it.

image.thumb.png.e722611c99bbe11dfaa89cd6432478ce.png

best thing OP never replied with anything in here, this has gone off topic in so many ways but ahh well.