Did I just broke something serious in my TITAN RTX?

Go to solution Solved by Lawa,

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your inputs on this thread, I finally took it into a repair shop and the technician there said that the small transistor there is a power management transistor for the type-C port on the back of the card so as long as I am avoiding that port I should be fine.

Thanks again!

Hello everyone,
I am super freaked out right now as I was working on installing my custom loop kit from EK and I was working on removing the shroud from my TITAN RTX to install the waterblock on it and I accidentally broke off this little capacitor/resistor on my GPU that has the number (Q836) written under it..

Now this is not my first time removing shrouds from GPUs or installing custom loop kits so I am not a beginner but this just freaks me out and please if there is anyone out there who knows the purpose of this small capacitor please let me know and if there is any danger on my GPU or not.

Kindly note that I already screwed back everything on and threw the GPU back in my PC and rand FuryMark in the background + played a demanding game (Escape from Tarkov) for almost half an hour and nothing abnormal happened but I just want to absolutely make sure that this will not suddenly kill my GPU if I try to overclock it or do some serious rendering with it.

Sorry for the long post and thanks to anyone who can provide an input on this.

well it's a dual n transistor that may just go to a dead part of the card you aren't using like one of the outputs. 

But chances are if they spent money putting it on the card then there was a reason

Hold onto it. If your card starts playing up then yes it was important. If not well it was most likely on it for something but clearly its living with out  it

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Sometimes cards have extra resistors and capacitors and the like, this is to make the card run smoother or act as a point of failure that can be peeled off in the event of an accident. If it works without it, you shouldn't worry about it. If you're that worried about it, learn about board repair and study the schematics or hire someone who can fix it for you.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I once vaccumed by msi gtx 670 and caused a short circuit that blew one of the LEDs.

It died in 1-3 years after 6 years of service

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your inputs on this thread, I finally took it into a repair shop and the technician there said that the small transistor there is a power management transistor for the type-C port on the back of the card so as long as I am avoiding that port I should be fine.

Thanks again!