Newly Built PC Keeps Restarting

I just finished building my first PC and made sure to follow all steps correctly. I made sure that none of the pins on the CPU were damaged, I aligned the two triangles so the CPU was in the correct position and triple checked that all wires were plugged in the correct way. However I keep having this same issue of where the PC will get into the windows screen I will log in and then after 15 seconds or so, it will just restart and the same issue keeps happening. I can get into BIOS without any issues and configure anything and the computer does NOT restart. It seems that whenever I try to do anything in windows 10, the PC will restart. My components are:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming
  • GPU: Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3200
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM850x
  • Storage: Corsair Force Series MP600 1 TB NVMe M.2 and Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
  • Case: Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout ATX
  • Thermal Compound: Arctic MX-4

After trying to troubleshoot for weeks and figure out the issues, I thought it could have been the power supply so I got another power supply (same Corsair RM850x) and tried it but again was getting the same issues. I also tried reapplying thermal compound to the CPU but that did not fix anything. I also have been monitoring the CPU temperature and it is around 39-40 C. I tried reinstalling windows (on M.2) but it would keep restarting in the middle of the installation so then I unplugged the HDD and finally got windows installed. I thought that had solved the issue because the PC was then running for a bit. Then I was going to try installing the drivers using Armoury Crate from ASUS ROG (as it was pre-installed) and right as it was about to finish updating whatever it was updating, the computer restarted and now keeps restarting and giving me the same issues. If I just leave it in the login screen for a minute or so it will restart the computer. Additionally, I booted into safe mode and tried to turn off automatic restart but then it kept restarting automatically. I also updated the BIOS to the newest version which did not change anything. If there is something I am missing or messing up, please let me know. This has been quite frustrating. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, jm_1206 said:

I just finished building my first PC and made sure to follow all steps correctly. I made sure that none of the pins on the CPU were damaged, I aligned the two triangles so the CPU was in the correct position and triple checked that all wires were plugged in the correct way. However I keep having this same issue of where the PC will get into the windows screen I will log in and then after 15 seconds or so, it will just restart and the same issue keeps happening. I can get into BIOS without any issues and configure anything and the computer does NOT restart. It seems that whenever I try to do anything in windows 10, the PC will restart. My components are:

• Storage: Corsair Force Series MP600 1 TB NVMe M.2 and Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

After trying to troubleshoot for weeks and figure out the issues, I thought it could have been the power supply so I got another power supply (same Corsair RM850x) and tried it but again was getting the same issues. I also tried reapplying thermal compound to the CPU but that did not fix anything. I also have been monitoring the CPU temperature and it is around 39-40 C. I tried reinstalling windows (on M.2) but it would keep restarting in the middle of the installation so then I unplugged the HDD and finally got windows installed. I thought that had solved the issue because the PC was then running for a bit. Then I was going to try installing the drivers using Armoury Crate from ASUS ROG (as it was pre-installed) and right as it was about to finish updating whatever it was updating, the computer restarted and now keeps restarting and giving me the same issues. If I just leave it in the login screen for a minute or so it will restart the computer. Additionally, I booted into safe mode and tried to turn off automatic restart but then it kept restarting automatically. I also updated the BIOS to the newest version which did not change anything. If there is something I am missing or messing up, please let me know. This has been quite frustrating. Thank you!

I Would recommend you make a New Windows 10 Boot usb and Try it,  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

DAMN i literally feel sorry for you 

Ok look , we mostly overthink it , it just simply could be a software issue. 

The list of things you need to check 

1. Are all the drivers installed neatly ( i recommend ASUS Q INSTALLER)   

2. try installing windows on a HDD 

3. check if you have got your Firm ware right ( for cpu support ) 

17 minutes ago, jm_1206 said:

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3200

dissable XMP or try setting a lower speed at 3000mhz cl16. 

edit: with offcourse the 1.35v dram voltage

if you can install linux on your pc play some games and confirm that pc is actually working

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

45 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

dissable XMP or try setting a lower speed at 3000mhz cl16. 

edit: with offcourse the 1.35v dram voltage

I am very unfamiliar with BIOS but under Ai Tweaker there is a setting for DRAM Voltage which is currently set at 1.200V. Should I increase it to 1.35V? Also, there is a setting for ASUS Performance Enhancement, should I turn that on?

52 minutes ago, terminator5105 said:

DAMN i literally feel sorry for you 

Ok look , we mostly overthink it , it just simply could be a software issue. 

The list of things you need to check 

1. Are all the drivers installed neatly ( i recommend ASUS Q INSTALLER)   

2. try installing windows on a HDD 

3. check if you have got your Firm ware right ( for cpu support ) 

Unfortunately I can't even get into windows long enough for me to install anything. I even tried to reinstall windows and in the middle of putting in my product key it restarted.

12 minutes ago, jm_1206 said:

I tried making three different boot USBs and I keep having the same issue. Maybe its something with the settings in BIOS?

This looks like its the case. Have you tried disabling XMP entirely? 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

17 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

This looks like its the case. Have you tried disabling XMP entirely? 

Do you think I need to enable XMP (in my case it is D.O.C.P. standard) because it is running at only 2133MHZ rather than 3200MHz. Right now those settings are checked to Auto. I don't know much about overclocking and tweaking BIOS but could my computer just be running the settings too low?

IMG_6751.JPG

1 hour ago, jm_1206 said:

Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

7 minutes ago, jm_1206 said:

I am not sure how to do that. How would I go about doing that? I attached an image of the BIOS I am in. This is in EZ mode I think. 

IMG_6751.JPG

Wait hold up, do you have your AIO pump Plugged in?

image.png.f0ed40f0a52b07a204ba5a49b47a853b.png

1 minute ago, Nolanrulesroblox said:

Yes, it is plugged into the CPU FAN header. I plugged it into that one because I was getting an error about "No CPU Fan Error"

Wait hold up, do you have your AIO pump Plugged in?

image.png.f0ed40f0a52b07a204ba5a49b47a853b.png

This probably gives more information on what the settings are on right now.

IMG_6752.JPG

53 minutes ago, jm_1206 said:

Also, there is a setting for ASUS Performance Enhancement, should I turn that on?

Keep it off.

53 minutes ago, jm_1206 said:

am very unfamiliar with BIOS but under Ai Tweaker there is a setting for DRAM Voltage which is currently set at 1.200V. Should I increase it to 1.35V?

Providing its running at 2133mhz. Probably not a corsair dram (they messed up XMP on some kits) related issue. 

Sticks are aligned according to the manual?

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Keep it off.

Providing its running at 2133mhz. Probably not a corsair dram (they messed up XMP on some kits) related issue. 

Sticks are aligned according to the manual?

Yes. The manual said slots B2 and A2 for two sticks which is what I did.

2 hours ago, jm_1206 said:

Clear the cmos. 

Try with one stick at a time. 

And like everyone said. Disable xmp / docp ( though clearing the cmos will reseat everything).

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Clear the cmos. 

Try with one stick at a time. 

And like everyone said. Disable xmp / docp ( though clearing the cmos will reseat everything).

Should I take out the CMOS battery or click "Load Optimized Defaults" in BIOS?

Just now, jm_1206 said:

Should I take out the CMOS battery

You can take it out or short the jumper. 

Just now, jm_1206 said:

click "Load Optimized Defaults" in BIOS?

You can try that first.

If nothing really changed then Clear the cmos. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

You can take it out or short the jumper. 

You can try that first.

If nothing really changed then Clear the cmos. 

I'll try taking out the battery. After I put the battery back in, should I just use one of the memory sticks?

1 minute ago, jm_1206 said:

should I just use one of the memory sticks?

After you clear the cmos ( make sure everything like the keyboard etc is unplugged ) try to boot. Good luck.

Or you can just use the jumper. 

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

After you clear the cmos ( make sure everything like the keyboard etc is unplugged ) try to boot. Good luck.

Or you can just use the jumper. 

Unfortunately that didn't change anything. I am also noticing now that the RGB on the case will shut off in one spot when I go to login. Not sure if that matters but. 

This probably gives more information on what the settings are on right now.

IMG_6752.JPG

It has now gotten to the point where I am unable to reinstall windows because it keeps restarting.

It has now gotten to the point where I am unable to reinstall windows because it keeps restarting.

And have you trued enabling the AI Overclock Tuner feature? You might as well try it if you haven't. Another thing you can try enabling is something called Precision Boost Overdrive. It sounds similar to AI Overclock Tuner in that it allows the algorithm hard coded into the bios to determine what the clock speeds should be at any given moment. Trying to manually overclock the ram and CPU has caused me nothing but trouble, so I consider PBO a godsend. Its been working like a charm for me so far. The only thing is have a Gigabyte motherboard, so I'm not sure if yours has this particular, or if AI Overclock Tuner is even the equivalent version. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

21 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

And have you trued enabling the AI Overclock Tuner feature? You might as well try it if you haven't. Another thing you can try enabling is something called Precision Boost Overdrive. It sounds similar to AI Overclock Tuner in that it allows the algorithm hard coded into the bios to determine what the clock speeds should be at any given moment. Trying to manually overclock the ram and CPU has caused me nothing but trouble, so I consider PBO a godsend. Its been working like a charm for me so far. The only thing is have a Gigabyte motherboard, so I'm not sure if yours has this particular, or if AI Overclock Tuner is even the equivalent version. 

Just tried it. Unfortunately I am still getting the same issue. Should I look into replacing the motherboard/CPU at this point? Or would contacting support of ASUS be an option? I am not really sure what to do at this point.

37 minutes ago, jm_1206 said:

Just tried it. Unfortunately I am still getting the same issue. Should I look into replacing the motherboard/CPU at this point? Or would contacting support of ASUS be an option? I am not really sure what to do at this point.

Maybe, can't hurt to ask them and see. Have you tried testing the ram at all? 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10