Please... for the love of god help ($2000 rig giving me issues)

Vrehh

for almost 6 months now my computer has just been toying with me. Most if not all games have some sort of frame rate issue and I am finally starting to get fed up with all the BS.

Specs : 2080 Super

i9 9900k

maximus xi hero (Wifi)

970 pro SSD

32gb of Vengeance rgb pro

I have taken it to 3 separate computer repair shops and its just been sent back the same with my windows reset and the claim that my issues have been fixed. But to my surprise every time it comes back I experience these issues.

- Sometimes my wallpaper goes black

-Sometimes when I highlight my pc desktop it becomes black

-All games give me some sort of fps issue with some rarely giving me solid framerates.

-The overclock on my cpu never seems to work and it follows up with BSOD's

-Stutters

-Fps drops

- Minecraft stutters like hell

and much more

Is there a program or something out there that I can use to find out what is making my almost $2000 pc have a seizure?

First of all disable or get rid of any overclock on the CPU or GPU and test again. Sounds like an unstable overclock to me. If a fresh install of Windows with fresh drivers and stock clocks on the components doesn't work it may be a GPU hardware issue. Only way to test if it is the GPU itself would be to install it in another computer and see if it does the same thing.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

3 minutes ago, Vrehh said:

All games give me some sort of fps issue with some rarely giving me solid framerates.

elaborate

4 minutes ago, Vrehh said:

The overclock on my cpu never seems to work and it follows up with BSOD's

never overclock when doing diagnostics , if the machine isn't stable you dont overclock until the problems are solved.

5 minutes ago, Vrehh said:

-Stutters

-Fps drops

what games , what settings , what diagnostics have you tried on those games

6 minutes ago, Vrehh said:

Minecraft stutters like hell

thats pretty normal again depending on the settings and if you're doing something other than the stock game playing locally

Missing lotta info

first of all, check if your gpu is not faulty. i would reccomend getting a replacement.

Second of all, don't overclock your cpu yet, because the overclock itself can be the cause of some of these problems.

Run the memory diagnostic tool to check if your ram is causing issues

in cmd running as administrator, type "sfc /scannow" to check if windows has some corrupted files.

You could be having issues because of a bad hdd or sdd or you could another hardware issue I also would not be running any oc's if you are having issues you might just have a bad motherboard if I where you i would get msi afterburner and check your tems and gpu clocks under load then I would download intel XTU and check the temps and other readouts while the cpu is under load, if everything looks ok there then I would go into resource monitor and look at your ssd's response times and make sure while your gambling that they are around 10-20ms and if none of that gives you the issue you might have bad ram and to test this take out some sticks and go through them one by one testing in your machine to see if you have any problems, and if you get nothing from that you might have a bad motherboard or psu though it does not sound like a psu issue.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

elaborate

never overclock when doing diagnostics , if the machine isn't stable you dont overclock until the problems are solved.

what games , what settings , what diagnostics have you tried on those games

thats pretty normal again depending on the settings and if you're doing something other than the stock game playing locally

Missing lotta info

1. Elaborate

Well, In games like minecraft or CSGO I get these unpredictable stutters sometimes its micro. In other games like Detroit Become Human Il get stutters and fps drops (The drops are never large usually my fps dips -10 fps.

2. Okay I removed my overclock.

3. Currently the games are : Minecraft, Csgo, Detroit become human, Hellblade, Spongebob Rehydrated, Metro 2018 micro stuttering, Witcher 3 stutters, Fallout 4, Risk of rain 2 and some more

5 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

first of all, check if your gpu is not faulty. i would reccomend getting a replacement.

Second of all, don't overclock your cpu yet, because the overclock itself can be the cause of some of these problems.

Run the memory diagnostic tool to check if your ram is causing issues

in cmd running as administrator, type "sfc /scannow" to check if windows has some corrupted files.

Ram is not a issue I actually bought new sticks and still got issues

1 minute ago, Vrehh said:

The drops are never large usually my fps dips -10 fps

ok I would almost consider that a non issue unless you're only getting like 20fps to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Vrehh said:

Currently the games are : Minecraft, Csgo, Detroit become human, Hellblade, Spongebob Rehydrated, Metro 2018 micro stuttering, Witcher 3 stutters, Fallout 4, Risk of rain 2 and some more

what settings are you attempting to run these at

also keep in mind , there a few pretty non popular games in that list that i wouldn't expect to run great regardless of the machine in use

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

ok I would almost consider that a non issue unless you're only getting like 20fps to begin with.

what settings are you attempting to run these at

also keep in mind , there a few pretty non popular games in that list that i wouldn't expect to run great regardless of the machine in use

Well I try and get to ultra

Also I would like to point out the turbo mode on my i9 9900k does not go past 4.68ghz for some reason in-game this is on stock settings no xmp or anything. In idle though it goes up to 4.90ghz with like 3% usage?????

Just now, Vrehh said:

Well I try and get to ultra

and does your computer monitor have a resolution or is it a 640x480 crt you're playing on?

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

and does your computer monitor have a resolution or is it a 640x480 crt you're playing on?

Okay okay buddy lmao Im playing on a Optix Mag27CQ 2560x1440 144hz monitor

6 minutes ago, Vrehh said:

Okay okay buddy lmao Im playing on a Optix Mag27CQ 2560x1440 144hz monitor

So I'm assuming you are expecting this machine to play every single game , at 2560x1440 , at 144fps , all on ultra , and somehow have zero stutters or issues while doing so. Life isn't that perfect. I can find your a pc that costs 100,000$ and it's not going to be able to do that without SOME microstutters and problems in various areas.

How does the machine perform when it's set to a reasonable settings level that looks similar to high but is within the realm of normality?

6 minutes ago, emosun said:

So I'm assuming you are expecting this machine to play every single game , at 2560x1440 , at 144fps , all on ultra , and somehow have zero stutters or issues while doing so. Life isn't that perfect. I can find your a pc that costs 100,000$ and it's not going to be able to do that without SOME microstutters and problems in various areas.

How does the machine perform when it's set to a reasonable settings level that looks similar to high but is within the realm of normality?

No? I have no Idea where you got that  first part from... The reason I'm complaining is that I get these stutters regardless of the framrate or settings. Some games limiting the fps down to 60 works like risk of rain. But most of my games I play at 60fps on ultra or sometimes even med settings and I will still get stuttering. When playing multiplayer games I expect the stutters at 144 but cmon Witcher 3 can run at Ultra on a 1660 no issues.

well if you can sets your sights lower , in that case run the machine on 8gb of ram , take all the ram sticks out except for a single stick. try each stick alone in the machine. 

Does that effect the machine in any way? positive or negative?

1 minute ago, emosun said:

well if you can sets your sights lower , in that case run the machine on 8gb of ram , take all the ram sticks out except for a single stick. try each stick alone in the machine. 

Let me check brb.

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

Okay so no difference other than maybe a slower bootup and programs opening slower

if you are using hdmi or display port , try the opposite of the port you are using. (hdmi>dp or dp>hdmi)

try moving the entire gpu to a different slot on the board (the point is to make big hardware changes just to get the machine to behave differently in one way or another)

can also try simple things like unplugging the internet entirely and waiting a while for the machine to settle into not being online and then trying a game offline to see if a background task using the internet is causing the stuttering