Monitor display help

Hi, I just bought a new Acer 240hz Nitro xv3 and I followed the manual on how to set it up but it doesn’t display anything. I tried using the display port as well as the hdmi cable but nothing gets displayed. I got it to work like twice out of the blue but when I tried to change the hz from 60 to 240 it did the same thing by being on but not displaying anything. Idk what else to do, can anyone help pls?

this is what happens when I use the hdmi cable. When I use my other monitor with it, it’s fine though

If your PC is displaying with your other monitor, it is likely that the Acer monitor you have might be faulty.

Are you using the same cables when switching between the old and new monitor? Trying to rule out cable fault.

Some monitors have drivers, did you install any drivers for your new monitor?

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

2 minutes ago, Quackwich said:

If your PC is displaying with your other monitor, it is likely that the Acer monitor you have might be faulty.

Are you using the same cables when switching between the old and new monitor? Trying to rule out cable fault.

I switched the cables to the new monitor cables and I’m new to pc as a whole so I don’t  really know what drivers are. I’m going to try the other cables first though then I’ll get back to you.

3 minutes ago, afroman200033 said:

I switched the cables to the new monitor cables and I’m new to pc as a whole so I don’t  really know what drivers are. I’m going to try the other cables first though then I’ll get back to you.

So I used all the cables that I did for my other monitor but it does the same thing. It just flashes once then, nothing 

6 minutes ago, afroman200033 said:

So I used all the cables that I did for my other monitor but it does the same thing. It just flashes once then, nothing 

Okay, so cable fault can basically be ruled out then.

Is this monitor brand new or did you purchase it second hand? Did you drop it when setting it up by any chance?

Check the ports of the monitor to see if there's anything lodged in there, or anything misaligned.

It's posting your motherboard, but not Windows, so it might also be a Windows/GPU setting. Is it possible to get both monitors connected to your PC? Then check display output on Windows or in your GPU settings.

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

21 minutes ago, Quackwich said:

Okay, so cable fault can basically be ruled out then.

Is this monitor brand new or did you purchase it second hand? Did you drop it when setting it up by any chance?

Check the ports of the monitor to see if there's anything lodged in there, or anything misaligned.

It's posting your motherboard, but not Windows, so it might also be a Windows/GPU setting. Is it possible to get both monitors connected to your PC? Then check display output on Windows or in your GPU settings.

I didn’t drop it at all, and there’s nothing blocking the hdmi port or display port. But something interesting just happened, I took out the hdmi cable to put it in my other monitor and used the display port on the Acer, and it turned on. I tried doing it before and it wasn’t turning on. And like I said in the og post it did turn on once or twice and when it did I tried to turn it to 240hz instead of 60hz then it just went back to what the video did. Now that it’s on... is there anything I should test?

3 hours ago, Quackwich said:

Ok so I just started up my computer in safe mode and the monitor turned on... I have no idea what that does for me though lmao. I’m big noob

7 hours ago, afroman200033 said:

Now that it’s on... is there anything I should test?

What GPU do you have? Check it choosing the right output in your GPU settings.