New build doesn't like to post, fans turn on... pls help

belgiumkiddo

Hey guys,

I built a new pc yesterday and noticed I didn't get the option to go into the BIOS. After a few restarts (including some weird boot loops) I was finally able to get into the bios and set the USB-windows 10 install as a boot option. However, when i get prompted to restart my pc just goes unresponsive and I'm greeted by a black screen. I've only been able to get this far twice; at the moment i'm (once again) not even able to boot into the BIOS/EUFI ;-; 

Thought it might have something to do with my old PSU but today I got a new one and still no change. I've also tried to short the CMOS & have taken the CMOS battery out twice now. 

I really don't know what to do. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated. 

Notable specs:

Asrock b450m Pro4 

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 

Gigabyte 1650 super

Gskill ripsaws V 16GB 3200 RAM 

NVME 970 evo (i thinks this is the culprit)

It's the NVME drive for sure, just booted with an old hard drive and it works, any recommendations on how to fix this problem?

7 minutes ago, belgiumkiddo said:

It's the NVME drive for sure, just booted with an old hard drive and it works, any recommendations on how to fix this problem?

Maybe update the bios, maybe you haven't enabled NVME boot in bios?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

Maybe update the bios, maybe you haven't enabled NVME boot in bios?

At the moment I can't even access the bios so updating it would be hard. Furthermore on the asrock website it says I shouldn't update the bios before installing certain other drivers (for which i need to be able to access windows i guess? cause it's amd drivers). I'm kind of at a loss, why is it so hard to install an nvme ssd lol