Oppo teases Samsung with the possibility of microSD expansion and a removable back

TopWargamer

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/02/27/oppo-trashes-galaxy-s5-in-new-find-7-teaser/

oppo-find-7-galaxy-s5.jpg

oppo-find-7-teaser1.jpg

Samsung grabbed our attention with the Galaxy S5 this week at Mobile World Congress, but the company also opened itself up to attacks from the competition by releasing its latest flagship so early in the year. Today Chinese phone-maker Oppo took aim at the Galaxy S5 with a new teaser image promoting its upcoming Find 7 smartphone.

The teaser itself doesn’t really say much, simply using the “greater than” symbol to distinguish the Oppo Find 7 from Samsung’s Galaxy S series. The teaser, which it shared earlier today on Chinese social media site Weibo, also confirms the device will launch next month on March 19, but we already knew that. Meanwhile, a second teaser appears to confirm that the Find 7 will offer microSD support and some sort of removable back cover.

Well now, I was planning on getting the Find 7 anyways, so this just sweetens the deal. Expect more information to be out soon, since the phone is launching (or being announced) on March 19th. Stay tuned. 

COMIC SANS

I remember the Find 5 being reputed as a good device, but it didn't really take off hugely. I wonder why that was?

When I hear the name Oppo I immediately think of audio receivers.

I do like the better than S logo :)

I remember the Find 5 being reputed as a good device, but it didn't really take off hugely. I wonder why that was?

It didn't really take off in the *US*. Probably because Oppo is a foreign (Chinese) phone manufacturer, and a ton of people don't know about them.

COMIC SANS

So stoked. I just hope that the phone doesn't turn out to be the 152mm x 75mm that the leaked images show it being. That's bigger than the Note 3, which has a bigger screen.

The rest looks great though. Touch on lens, expandable storage of hopefully 128gb, 5.5" 1440p display, and that Oppo build quality.

They also had 2500mah batteries in the Find 5 when everyone else was mostly using 2000mah and under. Hopefully they put out a serious contender here as well.

...I'd be fine with the 152mm size if the bezels are non existent and it packs a 4000mah+ battery.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Introducing HTC and Nokia.

attachicon.gifnokknock.png attachicon.gifhtcsn.png

That is VERY direct advertising. Here in Portugal they'd get a fine...

When I hear the name Oppo I immediately think of audio receivers.

I do like the better than S logo :)

Maybe because it wasn't available on all supermarkets in the Bandaid Section.  ;)

i'm a potato

That is VERY direct advertising. Here in Portugal they'd get a fine...

Maybe because it wasn't available on all supermarkets in the Bandaid Section.  ;)

lol U crazy. They would get a pat on the back if anything...

lol U crazy. They would get a pat on the back if anything...

Nope, not crazy.

A carrier got a huge fine back when the iPhone 5 started supporting LTE in Portugal by saying this: "iPhone 5 with 4G, only in Optimus" instead of "iPhone 5 with 4G, now at Optimus". Those other examples are much more provocative.

i'm a potato

Nope, not crazy.

A carrier got a huge fine back when the iPhone 5 started supporting LTE in Portugal by saying this: "iPhone 5 with 4G, only in Optimus" instead of "iPhone 5 with 4G, now at Optimus". Those other examples are much more provocative.

Not provocative, it's false advertisement. Different things.