Logitech g502 hero acts weird in CSGO

ismdct

Hey everyone!

I just bought a g502 hero and overall I'm very happy with this mouse.

However, when playing CSGO it "freezes" from time to time when I either spray with the left button pressed down or even just tap the left button repeatedly. Needless to say it is beyond annoying and can cost me a win in a game.

I've only tested CSGO now. The mouse behaves fine for a game or two, but then it starts acting up. I have Raw Input enabled and Acceleration disabled in the settings.

I'm pretty sure that it's not a problem with the mouse itself because I've tried another one, the same identical model, and it behaves the same way. There's no chance that two mice that are brand new will have the same problem by accident. Which leads me to believe that it's either a purely software related issue or something to do with the rest of my build.

On the software side I've reinstalled both CSGO and Logitech G HUB to no avail. From hardware perspective, I have a modest PC with Ryzen 2600 and Radeon 580 on board, which is, however, more than enough to be able to run CSGO smoothly with no hiccup. However, even though it runs smoothly, can it be that my system can't keep up with the polling rate? Should I lower it from 1000 to 500? Should I consider lowering the graphics settings? It's so weird, I've never had an issue like this before.

I'm also using a Logitech cloth mouse pad which has served me well for nearly a year with no problem. Everything is nice and clean so I would rule this one out.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem and managed to fix it? Thanks in advance!

P. S. I also noticed that my mouse would randomly change DPI while gaming, but I reckon it's because the "increase DPI" button is very close to the left mouse button and I keep hitting it accidentally. I keep disabling it in the G HUB, but that's still kinda weird placement for such button IMHO.

Logitech has a habit of using an app as well as a driver.  Could be there.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.