Best way to clean these fittings? (PTFE coated aluminium)

I've tried hot water and Red Wine vinegar but there is still a lot of gunk on the insides. I don't really want to spend £30 on new fittings if I can get these in decent condition. 

Any suggestions? Thanks

IMG_20200628_191851.jpg

I'd try isopropyl alcohol, but to be fair you could probably go fairly harsh as PTFE is normally fairly resistant to most things.

Did you try agitating with a brush when you dud the vinegar soak? Leave overnight?

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

Just now, HM-2 said:

I'd try isopropyl alcohol, but to be fair you could probably go fairly harsh as PTFE is normally fairly resistant to most things.

Did you try agitating with a brush when you dud the vinegar soak? Leave overnight?

It was for about 30 mins. Guessing I should have left it for longer? I'm also assuming that Red wine vinegar is the same as vinegar for all intensive purposes...

White/Spirit vinegar works out a bit cheaper and won't make your fittings smell like Greek salad. I would suggest agitating with a brush then soaking overnight.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

55 minutes ago, Astroflash said:

I've tried hot water and Red Wine vinegar but there is still a lot of gunk on the insides. I don't really want to spend £30 on new fittings if I can get these in decent condition. 

Any suggestions? Thanks

They aren't PFTE coated but painted, you can use a stiff bristle brush and cleaning cloths, I usually use test tube brushes to clean off the fittings, if they are extremely stubborn a soft metal brush like a brass fitting brush can be helpful sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

They aren't PFTE coated but painted, you can use a stiff bristle brush and cleaning cloths, I usually use test tube brushes to clean off the fittings, if they are extremely stubborn a soft metal brush like a brass fitting brush can be helpful sometimes. 

Yeah I managed to dislodge most with a brush, so looking much better now. Thanks.

I just got the material details from the product page:

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-af-alu-angled-90-g1-4-black

Are you sure?

Just now, Astroflash said:

Yeah I managed to dislodge most with a brush, so looking much better now. Thanks.

I just got the material details from the product page:

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-af-alu-angled-90-g1-4-black

Are you sure?

Hmm interesting normally they do not coat fittings with a deposition coating, just regular paint.