CPU Cooler and CPU Question? Please help I am new to PC's and PC Building

jwang829

So I was troubleshooting some parts because my build refused to post, and in the middle of it i reseated my cpu, which is a Ryzen 3600. However, I did not have any replacement paste since I was using stock, and the backplate made it so I could not screw the stock cooler back in without taking out the motherboard. Because of that I did not repaste and left the old paste on, and then just put the cooler back on the CPU unscrewed since I did not want to take out the motherboard our to screw the cooler back in just for a couple tests. I then tested maybe 3, 4 times like this to see if it would post, and i never turned it on more then a minute I’d say. It only posted after I put the backplate on and screwed all the way however, yet I know these CPUs can run hot very fast and I was wondering if not screwing down the cooler might have been the reason it was not posting. Also I am new to PCs and I can’t help but worry if the heat might have damaged the CPU even though it was only on for such a short time, as the cooler was not mounted properly. So is there any long term damage I should be worried about?

Heres my part list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

25 minutes ago, jwang829 said:

heat might have damaged the CPU

Most of your modern CPUs will thermal throttle and/or shut off to prevent overheating, so your CPU should be ok.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.