DT 770 or 990?

Pacc

So I've looked at a bunch of headsets and concluded that the beyerdynamic dt 770/880/990 are the best by buck to my likings.
Since the 880 is to pricey for me I am wondering, should i go for 770 or 990?
Why or why not?
Thanks!

I know your mailbox...

do you like extra bass or aiming for neutral soud? I think that will be good place to start.

It will be better if you can try them before deciding to purchase.

do you like extra bass or aiming for neutral soud? I think that will be good place to start.

It will be better if you can try them before deciding to purchase.

I'm heading out tomorrow for some testing, i do like my base but not when smudging out other areas of the sound

I know your mailbox...

The main difference between 990s and 770s are that it's open vs closed.

Open headphones provide a bigger soundstage, sounds better to some people, but you can hear the things around you.

Closed are the opposite.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Well both of the listed Dt's have slightly recessed mids so if that is a focus for you..

I like my 990's.

I havn't seen any people show off their 990's, the 770's are the most shown after 880's on a site who must not be named and rhymes with "more-can"... How long have you used them and are they as awesome as when you first put them on?

I know your mailbox...

Personal opinion of course, but I personally don't like any of these Beyerdynamics. I find they're all lack far too much detail in the mid range. That said, they're crystal-clear and handle the highs really well, and for the boomier bass -- not so much punchy -- they do well. It feels like they'd be great if you listened to a lot of string-heavy music, such as mainly orchestral. They're also great for a home-theater-style set-up -- by that I mean I liked what I heard using them with an amplifier for movies.

If you listen to a lot of electronic or metal, I'd shy away from them. If you like an almost icy crystal-clearness with the highs with good bass and sound stage, these are for you.

I like music and headphones.