Cant find any Ryzen 3100's? Other options (US)

Helping my friend shop for his first PC and id really like to get a Ryzen 3 3100 from what I've watched and read its amazing and all for the price of "99$". The only place I can find them are some random websites and Amazon marked up to almost 200$. My local Microcenter has 3600s on sale for 159$ makes no sense. Im considering a 1200AF or a 3200G, I would not plan on using the integrated graphics besides maybe a boot test. Both you can find under 80$ USD if you shop well. Is one a better option than the other? Both 4 cores 4 threads the 3200G has higher clock speeds but half the cache. I was really set on the 3100 considering the future proofing it offers for GPU upgrades. Im also shying away from used CPUs. 

3300x? Quad cores are not a good idea for gaming at all nowadays so pretty much if the 1200af or 3200g are the only options then I'd say neither and go for an older 2600 or the 3600.

6 minutes ago, bdexter77 said:

Helping my friend shop for his first PC and id really like to get a Ryzen 3 3100 from what I've watched and read its amazing and all for the price of "99$". The only place I can find them are some random websites and Amazon marked up to almost 200$. My local Microcenter has 3600s on sale for 159$ makes no sense. Im considering a 1200AF or a 3200G, I would not plan on using the integrated graphics besides maybe a boot test. Both you can find under 80$ USD if you shop well. Is one a better option than the other? Both 4 cores 4 threads the 3200G has higher clock speeds but half the cache. I was really set on the 3100 considering the future proofing it offers for GPU upgrades. Im also shying away from used CPUs. 

If you want the best future proofing, get the 3600. If you can't afford that look for a good deal on a 2600 or try and find a 3300X that's near its $120 MSRP

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

What about the prices of the Ryzen 5 1600AF in your area?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Quad core CPUs are 100% adequate for someone doing 1080p gaming in the 60-100 fps range with a decent graphics card. If you think you need 6 cores to play some overwatch your misguided. sorry. 

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

What about the prices of the Ryzen 5 1600AF in your area?

Yea when i looked those up i found a lot of price hiking too unfortunately.

1 minute ago, bdexter77 said:

Yea when i looked those up i found a lot of price hiking too unfortunately.

3300X, 2600, 1600AF, 3600 - those are your only decent options. Realistically, you REALLY want 8 threads minimum and 12 threads preferably.

2 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8HqBD3/amd-ryzen-5-1600-12nm-32-ghz-6-core-processor-yd1600bbafbox

You should consider that 3600 though. Usually Microcenter gives a MOBO discount with a CPU purchase. You could come away with solid gear for a small amount more than you were initially thinking.

well ultimately its not up to me. But my friend hasnt caught the pc bug yet so its harder to justify an overall price increase of only like 5-10% for a massive boost in performance. Although when i built mine microcenter had Ryzen 2600xs on sale for only 99$ and that was a steal.

2 minutes ago, bdexter77 said:

well ultimately its not up to me. But my friend hasnt caught the pc bug yet so its harder to justify an overall price increase of only like 5-10% for a massive boost in performance. Although when i built mine microcenter had Ryzen 2600xs on sale for only 99$ and that was a steal.

You could explain that the 3600 is great for gaming AND streaming. That may not be a big want right now, but a lot of people tend to become interested over time.