3900x X62 X470 90c High temps help

louij2

Hi

My vcore is 1.3v manually configured cos auto caused this problem of high temps before. My cooler is NZXT X62.image.png.9a4db4bcb62717f1e85c292879a61814.png

Make sure you're thermal paste is applied properly, otherwise this is about normal for this kind of CPU, if you dont have the right airflow in the case among MANY factors.Just saying 1.3v doesnt say much. What Clock speed is it at?

Just now, Shimejii said:

Make sure you're thermal paste is applied properly, otherwise this is about normal for this kind of CPU, if you dont have the right airflow in the case among MANY factors.Just saying 1.3v doesnt say much. What Clock speed is it at?

It's thermal throttling and I changed the paste when I upgraded the CPU recently and was fine before. I'm gonna check the mounting pressure and thermal paste of my cooler cos I had this problem before too. 1.3v 3.9 Ghz

If you set the voltage to "Manual Mode" at 1.3V, it'll run at 1.3V at full 100% load, when it'd normally be running at closer to 1.2V at stock. If you want to undervolt, this is definitely not the way to do it.

Check temps with Ryzen Master or HWiNFO, not with NZXT's software.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

9 minutes ago, gloop said:

What case?

NZXT Noctis 450

54 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you set the voltage to "Manual Mode" at 1.3V, it'll run at 1.3V at full 100% load, when it'd normally be running at closer to 1.2V at stock. If you want to undervolt, this is definitely not the way to do it.

Check temps with Ryzen Master or HWiNFO, not with NZXT's software.

Well if I set it to 1.25v manual mode it's unstable

2 minutes ago, louij2 said:

Well if I set it to 1.25v manual mode it's unstable

Well don't use manual mode. Either leave it on Auto or set it to Offset Mode, and apply a slight negative offset, something like -0.05V to -0.10V.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Well don't use manual mode. Either leave it on Auto or set it to Offset Mode, and apply a slight negative offset, something like -0.05V to -0.10V.

Okay but on auto it was even hotter than 90c, I'll try offset

Gonna take my top and front panel off again as it dropped a lot of c. So I did this and dropped to 79c from 88c

2 minutes ago, louij2 said:

Okay but on auto it was even hotter than 90c, I'll try offset

Also make sure you're running the latest BIOS for your board.

And again, use Ryzen Master or HWiNFO64 to read temperatures. Also, what are you using for stress testing?

3 minutes ago, louij2 said:

Gonna take my top and front panel off again as it dropped a lot of c

I have been folding on it for months do you think I should just turn it off?

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Also make sure you're running the latest BIOS for your board.

And again, use Ryzen Master or HWiNFO64 to read temperatures. Also, what are you using for stress testing?

I am trying to fold on my device and cpuid hwmonitor shows 78c just getting ryzen master

I am on F50. I am sure that F51d is not a stable one?

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, louij2 said:

I am trying to fold on my device and cpuid hwmonitor shows 78c just getting ryzen master

HWMonitor is also not reliable for Ryzen.

3 minutes ago, louij2 said:

I am on F50. I am sure that F51d is not a stable one?

[...]

Not sure why F51d would not be stable, but okay I guess

7 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Got Ryzen master and get 93c on auto

8 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Can't find offset setting?

8B37357E-F0C8-40C8-9F30-3E7EB7277CF7.jpeg

1 minute ago, louij2 said:

Can't find offset setting?

[...]

I'm not too familiar with Gigabyte's BIOS unfortunately. If I had to guess, go to CPU Vcore and maybe you should have more options in place of Auto?

Have you checked whether the AIO's block is mounted properly? 

Also, have you tried removing the side panel? Depending on how you've got your radiator and fans set up it might help, considering that case you've got looks anything but airflow friendly.

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

I'm not too familiar with Gigabyte's BIOS unfortunately. If I had to guess, go to CPU Vcore and maybe you should have more options in place of Auto?

Also, have you tried removing the side panel? Depending on how you've got your radiator and fans set up it might help, considering that case you've got looks anything but airflow friendly.

I remove the panels and it drops a bit but on auto vcore it's only the vcore I had before and I got better temps with 1.3v over auto 

13 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Okay so I have redone my paste and you just need to remember that even after 8 years of PC building you will not always get the thermal paste done right lol. On 83c from 88c, now which isn't really too much better though. Gonna see in Gigabyte forum if someone knows how to drop vcore offset

5 minutes ago, louij2 said:

Okay so I have redone my paste and you just need to remember that even after 8 years of PC building you will not always get the thermal paste done right lol. On 83c from 88c, now which isn't really too much better though. Gonna see in Gigabyte forum if someone knows how to drop vcore offset

Good to hear that at least that helped. 83C is decent for full 100% load, unless you've got your fans/pump cranked up.

46 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Good to hear that at least that helped. 83C is decent for full 100% load, unless you've got your fans/pump cranked up.

It's gone back up to 94c again

9 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

so I swapped cooler just in case but I still get the same temps with an air cooler