PC Crashing. Faulty PSU or underpowered UPS?

TRNQUL

Hey guys. So my PC crashes randomly on it's own. Sometimes its once in two weeks, sometimes 5 times a day. It just turns off as if a power cut and turns back on.

My PSU is a Cooler Master 650W and I've also attached my full specs. I have my PC plugged into a brand new 1000VA/600W UPS. Even with just the PC on it, it shouldn't be more than 450 watts. If I plug the CPU directly into the wall, the crashes reduce a bit. Is it a faulty PSU or the UPS is not able to take the load? (Even though the PC should be pulling around 400 watts while the UPS is 600)

Some PSUs and UPSes just don't go along but since you're saying that you're still experiencing crashes with PC plugged into the outlet directly that's probably not the only issue here. This PSU isn't very bad but it's old so it might be a good idea to replace it anyway. Other than that it may be CPU/RAM/GPU instability. Try to revert any OC to stock settings.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

18 hours ago, Juular said:

Some PSUs and UPSes just don't go along but since you're saying that you're still experiencing crashes with PC plugged into the outlet directly that's probably not the only issue here. This PSU isn't very bad but it's old so it might be a good idea to replace it anyway. Other than that it may be CPU/RAM/GPU instability. Try to revert any OC to stock settings.

Actually 99% of the time the PC doesn't crash when plugged I to the wall. Even with my old UPS, it was working fine for 2 years. Then it started crashing so I bought a new (current) UPS. But it still crashes on the UPS and almost never on the wall 

I don't have any OC at the moment, only XMP. But that too was enabled after all these crashes started. All my Temps are safe as well. 

41 minutes ago, TRNQUL said:

don't have any OC at the moment, only XMP. But that too was enabled after all these crashes started

Disable it 

It could be unstable 

If you want run memtest86 and OCCT to make sure that at least xmp is not the cause of this

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

• 3 years later...
On 6/24/2020 at 2:52 PM, TRNQUL said:

Hey guys. So my PC crashes randomly on it's own. Sometimes its once in two weeks, sometimes 5 times a day. It just turns off as if a power cut and turns back on.

My PSU is a Cooler Master 650W and I've also attached my full specs. I have my PC plugged into a brand new 1000VA/600W UPS. Even with just the PC on it, it shouldn't be more than 450 watts. If I plug the CPU directly into the wall, the crashes reduce a bit. Is it a faulty PSU or the UPS is not able to take the load? (Even though the PC should be pulling around 400 watts while the UPS is 600)

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor $369.98 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Deepcool GAMMAXX L240 V2 69.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  
Motherboard Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory $88.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $107.99 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 1 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.41 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 1 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.41 @ Amazon
Storage Hitachi Deskstar 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.80 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Dual Series Video Card  
Case Corsair SPEC-ALPHA ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply Cooler Master 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $109.99 @ B&H
Monitor BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $199.99 @ Best Buy
Keyboard Asus Cerberus Wired Gaming Keyboard $116.54 @ Amazon
Mouse Redragon COBRA M711 Wired Optical Mouse $21.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $1184.09
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-24 08:49 EDT-0400  

I have an I7-6700, 16Gb fury Hyperx 2133Mhz, xfx Vega64(FE) and same issue, pc crashes on load.
I also tried to put inside an other card(R7-240, kept the vega64 inside for load test) when the GPU crash happens, I saw almost no difference, except it was crashed way faster, and the screen was intact, but the system was frozen, in the other way the pc signal was lost.

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2023 at 3:19 AM, uraims said:

I have an I7-6700, 16Gb fury Hyperx 2133Mhz, xfx Vega64(FE) and same issue, pc crashes on load.
I also tried to put inside an other card(R7-240, kept the vega64 inside for load test) when the GPU crash happens, I saw almost no difference, except it was crashed way faster, and the screen was intact, but the system was frozen, in the other way the pc signal was lost.

hey im having the same issue currently. did you ever get it fixed? someone is telling my it could be my psu so ive bought and to see if it could fix it.