Xbox 360 controller wont sync to my PC

Hi guys I was wondering if any of ya'll have ever had the same issue as I'm experiencing right now.

So I did a fresh clean install of Windows 10 and for some reason my xbox 360 controller won't sync

with my new freshly-installed windows 10. So I noticed a pattern here. Since I have yet to activate 

my Windows 10, I went ahead and tried to see if my controller would work somewhere else.

1.) Went to an internet cafe (I live in Korea) to see if my receiver and xbox 360 controller would work there and it did!

2.)Went to a friend's house (who hasn't activated his Windows 10 yet like me) to see if it would work 

there, and to my surprise it didn't connect :/. 

So I'm guessing, til I activate my windows 10 I'm sh*t outta luck. Have any of you guys ever encountered 

this sort of problem?

I'm guessing by fresh, clean install that you installed windows 10 with the latest feature update (version 2004) which does have issues with xbox 360 wireless controller dongles.

I would suggest trying to find a version of the media creation tool that provides the previous version (1909 if I remember correctly) as activation status should not have an effect on devices functionality (it's more then likely that the internet cafe hadn't updated their installs).

Ok thanks for the help guys, me myself being lazy and all, I might go with just buying a new controller route LOL.