Apu memory dilemma

So i have an amd A12 9700P and have 8 GB of RAM (laptop) and this is my RAM usage for video.(look at the pic) i was intending to buy 16 GB of RAM(2666mhz) to replace the 8 GB. Should i do it no or just buy another PC.  (HP laptop)

IMG_20200622_003826.jpg

I want the very best options for my dilemma

If you can get it cheap (ie: used) then go for it. It won't really affect the performance that significantly, but worth a try nevertheless.

If you can afford to buy a PC then that's great, but new hardware is expensive, and there's always better stuff around the corner.

What you need to be thinking is:

• Am I happy with my current computer (Can I put up with it, does it do what I need)?
  • Would the performance increase justify the spend, e-waste and CO2 emissions of a new PC?
  • How good a PC can I afford now Vs. in 6 months/12 months?

9 minutes ago, Azeitona said:

I want the very best options for my dilemma

Like the other poster stated, if it works for you then no need to upgrade right now. 16gb should make everything feel snappier but you'll still be limited by your cpu (and the fact you have relatively low end integrated graphics)

3 minutes ago, Mug said:

If you can get it cheap (ie: used) then go for it. It won't really affect the performance that significantly, but worth a try nevertheless.

If you can afford to buy a PC then that's great, but new hardware is expensive, and there's always better stuff around the corner.

What you need to be thinking is:

• Am I happy with my current computer (Can I put up with it, does it do what I need)?
  • Would the performance increase justify the spend, e-waste and CO2 emissions of a new PC?
  • How good a PC can I afford now Vs. in 6 months/12 months?

K thx i am just not that Smart when it comes to PC components im only 15 im about to go to a school that teaches about that stuff and One more thing if it doesn't bother u , could u tell me what whould bem the best PC for 500/600$? Thxxx a lot

3 minutes ago, Azeitona said:

K thx i am just not that Smart when it comes to PC components im only 15 im about to go to a school that teaches about that stuff and One more thing if it doesn't bother u , could u tell me what whould bem the best PC for 500/600$? Thxxx a lot

You should be able to find something nice with a Ryzen 7 in it for that price I think. The thing to look out for, and I'm not sure its easy to spot, as what TDP the laptop is targeting and if using dual-channel RAM, or else you might still end up having to buy a stick of RAM to get the best performance out of it.

I got a Ryzen 5 2500U a while ago and ended up having to stick a second RAM stick in and have it thermal throttle the GPU down dramatically after 10 minutes of gaming, which sucked.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7