Problem connecting Pioneer VSX-933 to PC (Win 10)

Iddo

Hi all,
Question - I recently got a Pioneer VSX-933 receiver with BT capabilities and wanted to use it as an output (basically wireless speakers) to my win 10 computer.

The computer is a pretty new (1-year-old desktop) with BT on the motherboard which seems to work fine otherwise.

I tried to pair the receiver to the computer and it worked BUT it is showing on win 10 (which is up to date by the way) as "other devices" and not as an audio device.

This means that I can't use it as a "speaker" for the computer (I can't really do much with it actually).

How do I resolve that? I am pretty sure that this should work but I could not find any way around this.

Attached is a picture from the win 10 showing the receiver listed as "other devices".

Help with this will be much appreciated,
Thanks
Iddo

Pioneer other devices win 10.jpeg

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

On 6/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, Iddo said:

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Have you went in to your audio settings and changed the output to the device? Some times Windows doesn't default to the Bluetooth device and you have to manually switch it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Of course - it does not appear as a audio device so I can switch to it.

Interestingly I tried with a different computer and it worked so this problem is specific to this computer - still I don't have a solution...

11 hours ago, Iddo said:

Of course - it does not appear as a audio device so I can switch to it.

Interestingly I tried with a different computer and it worked so this problem is specific to this computer - still I don't have a solution...

Try adding it as a bluetooth device. What you have now might be seen as a network device as the receiver does have Ethernet and many devices like it have the ability to have devices stream to it. 

Yes I know but for some reason this particular computer does not recognize it as a BT (in win 10 there are 3 options for adding BT devices the first is the "regular one" which doesn't work on this main computer but does on a different small computer I tried with the receiver - the main computer only allows to connect using the 3'rd option - I have no idea why or how to change this...).

2 minutes ago, Iddo said:

Yes I know but for some reason this particular computer does not recognize it as a BT (in win 10 there are 3 options for adding BT devices the first is the "regular one" which doesn't work on this main computer but does on a different small computer I tried with the receiver - the main computer only allows to connect using the 3'rd option - I have no idea why or how to change this...).

Im out of ideas then. I do know that Bluetooth on Windows 10 can be wonky from time to time, Ive had issues with my bluetooth headset. The easiest solution would be to hook the PC up via a wire.