dt 880 + Fiio e10 problem

SacredChili

Sometimes the sound cuts out when im listening to music or whatever and I can only hear out of 1 side of the headphone. I have to twist the dt 880 jack a little to get it back to both ear sides. Does this mean that there is dust or something in the Fiio ? Both of these products are brand new and I'm wondering if one of them is defective? I lightly blew on the fiio e10 hole to see if I could get some dust or something out of it but it didnt help at all. Any suggestions?

RMA it, that doesn't sound normal at all. 

just to be sure, have you tried a different USB cable and different USB port? And can you verify the headphones aren't actually causing it?

Error: 410

Try the headphones in something different and see if they cut out.

Try different headphones in the Fiio.

I had an issue like this with a PC case, all headphones but Sennheiser would work, the sennheisers I had to jiggle in the jack to make them work.  The problem was the jack, and is most likely what is wrong with your device.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

RMA it, that doesn't sound normal at all. 

just to be sure, have you tried a different USB cable and different USB port? And can you verify the headphones aren't actually causing it?

Im actually using a different usb cable than it orginally comes with. I needed to buy a longer cable so do you think that would be the problem? I bought the amazon standard one, its 6ft long and I think the orginal one is like 3 ft.

I will try this as well.

Im actually using a different usb cable than it orginally comes with. I needed to buy a longer cable so do you think that would be the problem? I bought the amazon standard one, its 6ft long and I think the orginal one is like 3 ft.

I will try this as well.

Yes, try the stock one. 

Mine didn't work properly when I used a (cheap) third party USB.

I just tried using my old astro a40's in it and it kinda does the same thing. If I move the wire around to much it will cut in and out? Im assuming this is either on the Fiio's end or my computer jack? Also like I stated earlier, Im not using the stand Mini usb cable with it, im using a longer one so that might be the problem too IDK?

Also would anyone reccomend a better 6ft plus usb cable to go along with this? If that is the problem of course.

Also would anyone reccomend a better 6ft plus usb cable to go along with this? If that is the problem of course.

you'll have to tag or quote or most people won't reply

just check to make sure if it's the cable or not before you go wasting money that won't even fix the original problem. 

its probably the jac of the fiio e10. cables are pretty standard and its hard to find bad ones that would actually make something bad happen